mame32 variant

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
MAME32 is the standard MAME with a GUI.
MAME32FX is the standard MAME with some additions (graphic filters, more
artwork, etc.), but it still uses the standard MAME ROMs.
MAME Plus! has support for many more ROMs than the standard MAME and also has a lot of additions, like MAME32FX.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
... im afraid mame32fx is no more. mamesick is done developing mame32fx... or atleast for now. i do hope he brings out a 0.117 "final" build.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
but i want to bring mame32xt under your attension. its mostly unknow, but for now its my mame32 varient of choice. Im not a fan of mameplus... eventhou everyone else will try and bully you into useing it.

And Mame Plus!Plus! is even more detailed version of the GUI mames.It has better GUI and kailera support and even an option to add ZINC`s d3d_renderer but I don`t know how :)

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
@Epsi: True and true. It's too bad MAME32FX is no more. It used to be my fave :(
With XT, do you mean the MAME build by dany69? That's also my fave MAME build ATM, since it features a lot of extra art/info files :)

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
but i want to bring mame32xt under your attension. its mostly unknow, but for now its my mame32 varient of choice. Im not a fan of mameplus... eventhou everyone else will try and bully you into useing it.

And Mame Plus!Plus! is even more detailed version of the GUI mames.It has better GUI and kailera support and even an option to add ZINC`s d3d_renderer but I don`t know how

Mame32xt and MamePlus!Plus! ?, truly never heard of it. I hope somebody (maybe you Epsi :)) proposed / submitted it on this site with its official site address. I guess add one or two variant on MAME list won't hurt. If it there, i guaranteed it will be known :).
I wonder why these variant doesn't listed :confused:.

Is MamePlus!Plus! a continuation from Mameplus! ? or variant of mameplus! where mameplus! ia a variant of mame32 :).

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
ive been looking for a mame32fx replacement when i found this: zetaMAME32 the last release is 0.110, so its a bit old. But anyway it has a nice mix of features, its just a shame it doesnt get updated more often. Check it out at: http://mbox32.com/zeta/

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
zetaMAME32 the last release is 0.110, so its a bit old
I don't think it changes much from 0.110 to 0.117 , well except for cps3.

I like their change that moved 'Skip disclaimer', 'Skip game info' / added 'Skip warnings', 'Confirm on exit' options. Its annoying for a casual gamer like me.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Mame32FX has releases all the way up to 0.117 as Mamesick wanted to include the CPS3 stuff. Things like virtua racing etc are also not working prior to 0.112.

Older builds of mame are ok if you are running on a lower end system, or need specific functionaility that has been built out of more recent versions, but there's loads of work been done since 0.90 and if there's no specific reason to use such an old version (such as netplay) it makes no sense not to keep it relatively up to date.

Last edited:

DropDeadEd

Mame32FX has releases all the way up to 0.117 as Mamesick wanted to include the CPS3 stuff. Things like virtua racing etc are also not working prior to 0.112.

Older builds of mame are ok if you are running on a lower end system, or need specific functionaility that has been built out of more recent versions, but there's loads of work been done since 0.90 and if there's no specific reason to use such an old version (such as netplay) it makes no sense not to keep it relatively up to date.

Neo Geo sets of roms are and will always be known as the more popular sets to have.

for instance, they are the only roms that are functioned so that allow you to play multiple player games or even special editions of roms (albeit the hack ones).

For instance, with kof99.zip for 0.64,

The neo geo set allows for once to have the following

kof 99 (The 1-6 players Kaillera)
kof 99 (Krizalid Edition)
Kof 99 (Millennium battle)

all of which dont exist for 0.117.

Only update when you dont expect to play online.

No one online will be using an up to date version for any older games.