[PS3] Mercenaries 2: World In Flames.

Jale

http://www.mercs2.com/

My thumbs down to this game. I've never felt so bad when I read what is this game about. It's completely unacceptable, people! :angry:

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames™ is an explosive open-world action game set in a massive, highly reactive, war-torn world. A power-hungry tyrant messes with Venezuela's oil supply, sparking an invasion that turns the country into a warzone.
I just don't know what to say about this game. Comments.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Nothing to worry about Butters,the screenshots are looking very bad for a PS3 game...thus it won't sell.
It's not like it's MGS 4 so everyone will have the game and have a bad impression on Venezuela.Plus you got the babes... ;)

Jale

I'm just pissed off that they take advantage on current events between Venezuela and the USA to sell this game like hot bread, plus the President already knows about this game. Expect a ban of this game in Venezuela like Korea did with the first game.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
It won't sell like bread.
Venezuela is not Iraq.

Jale

I know it's not Iraq, but the point of the game is purposely made to invade us, to give the players a perspective of our country which is not true. If you read the line carefully: "A power-hungry tyrant messes with Venezuela's oil supply, sparking an invasion that turns the country into a warzone." you see they're giving a negative perspective of our country.

Now if our president were a tyrant (which he's not) I'd give this game a thumbs up and make it recommendable.

EDIT: Now that I read that line very carefully I dunno if it's talking about our president (Chavez) or American's (Bush), but I don't like the idea of a warzone.

Last edited:

Zach

Butters, you are reading into this far, far too much. And frankly, the whole "expect this game to be banned" attitude is a little scary. If this game were banned, I'm sorry to say it would rank right up there on the stupid scale with Germany banning Wolfenstein 3D.

You have to step back and realize several things. There will always be games that use real-world events as an influence, or as plain as day part of their story. There isn't anything wrong with it.

Nobody was up in arms over all the cold-war themed games. Nobody has been up in arms about recent games coming out that had you killing "terrorists". In fact, there is a game that is either out right now, or coming out soon, which throws the USA into a modern civil war mirroring real-life circumstances. We have a game about the Kennedy Assasination for crying out loud, it's all about freedom of choice.

There will always be games based on the real world. Because you happen to disagree with the story because it might paint your country in a poor light is wrong. Think about why Isaac Hayes left South Park, claiming it was bigoted.. We all know he left because they made fun of Scientology, and he was a scientologist. He never had a problem with it until it was his turn infront of the gun. The same bias you seem to be expressing now.

Yes, the game says a power hungry tyrant is messing with Venezuela's oil supply, so what ? (and no its not referring to Bush or another foreign president, otherwise there would be no need for an outside invasion) Was your president specifically named? Is it even set in today's modern timeline, or is it some time in the future ?

Why is it OK to play a game where the Americans and the Soveits blow each other to hell, or where a country other than yours is seen as violent and dangerous?

And as for South Korea banning the first game, well that's a no brainer. South Korea's younger generation doesn't realize what it means to live under oppression & thinks the game has them played as fools because in real life people over there are actually wanting to peacefully reunite with N. Korea. That and the fact they have a neighbor to the north that is ruled by an A Class phsycotic, who could possibly nuke them for enjoying anything that reflect N Korea in a less than stellar light.

It's just a game man. Why does a game scare your country like that? Do you guys also ban books that talk about subjects your society deems taboo or dirty? This makes no sense. You're reading into the game way too much.

Last edited:

Jale

Yes, you're right, but it's not the game itself but the message it's giving to the players and then hate more our country. What have we done?

And no, we don't ban everything, it's just that diplomacy is pending on a very thin thread and they took advantage of it. That's what I don't like.

Zach

That's just it Butters, no one puts much stock into video games in that way.
All intelligent people know that a game is just a game, and in today's information age, all the info we need about people and places, is just a search engine away.
People vilify the USA all the time, but no one except hardcore extremists believe it.

Have more faith in your fellow gamers, even the borderline retarded ones are smarter than that.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Last edited:

montpics

-=VampyR=- said:
Interesting...
F*ck it...I have to agree with Neco this time.
Why does everyone see the US as an world threat ?
We did think the very same way of how US deal with the world as we really don't like it fully.

But the game itself is another story. :)