Game Problem: Zelda ocarina of time bug on project 64

deaftones

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am about 4 hours into zelda and I noticed that the soft soil spots on the ground literally do not appear, they are still there and I can still use bugs on them for the gold skulltulas but I need to look up videos and pictures on where they are since I cannot see them myself... I recently had it crash on me and someone told me to turn the self modifying code method to protect memory and it did help it with the crashes but I am wondering if it might have something to do with the problem. I have tried messing around with the texture settings to no avail and it is really bumming me out. It isn't a game breaking glitch so I have still been playing it but it is very inconvenient and annoying. Does anyone know any graphic options or advanced settings I could tweak to maybe fix it? It seems to be a texturing problem because I can see one of the spots in the lost woods but it disappears at weird angles. Thanks yall.

deaftones

After reading a couple topics I saw some people talking about mupen 64 so I tried using that with rices video plugin and I can now see the patches on the ground so clearly it is a compatibility problem with the video plugin that project 64 uses but now my problem is that I cannot load my save state from project 64 onto mupen 64, is there anyway to do this or am I pretty much screwed?

deaftones

I actually tried doing that but when I went to go load it up in mupen64 it didn't carry my save over :(. Does anyone happen to know if there are any other things like the soft soil that are textured into the ground? Because if the soft soil patches are the only things that I can't see I can live with that. I can see everything else like drops, bugs, fish and stuff like that it just seems to be a layering problem with the ground and the patches.