Xbox emulation is possible

jvwarrior

The only reason I might slightly agree with this fellow, is because in the sticky it suggests that we dont have PC's capable of running it.. Which... is an obvious joke. Xbox games graphics are my PC's low settings. EDIT: I take that back, forgot about the actual process behind emulation.

But besides that, it shouldn't be impossible, just not yet attempted, without the proper documentation... And even then when it is possible, it won't be beautiful with our 5 fps.

Also, those xbox360emulator websites look incredibly sketchy its pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:

montpics

Don't think that is very much necessary to close it up. Plus it's been a long time we haven't heard any news in Xbox emulation that lead people to wonder "Xbox emulation is possible!!!" thing and so on.
Mupen64 Man said:
Ill think about it, but its kinda fun. XD
It's pretty much true. :D

Socfuz

Is this just a topic that got blown out of proportion cause the topic title needed a question mark? Could be. Anyway maybe one day Xbox emulators will be possible on some stronger computers with better graphics.

Is this just a topic that got blown out of proportion cause the topic title needed a question mark? Could be. Anyway maybe one day Xbox emulators will be possible on some stronger computers with better graphics.
Of course there will be for 360 and maybe in 2020 we will have a xbox 720 emulator.

hardwiredd

If anyone is dumb enough to think 360 or ps3 emulation is possible, they deserve a virus.

and you deserve a kick in the teeth you elitist jackoff. if anyone tried to do a little education on this site instead of flaming whenever you get this question then you wouldn't hear it as much. hell, I'm a moderately intelligent guy. I'm savvy enough to have hacked my own xbox and kept it up through several iterations of M$ assbaggery and I still had to look up what 'HLE' was. when I did figure it out on my own, it calmed my outrage a bit. I registered on this forum SPECIFICALLY to ask what the hell the problem was. "PC hardware has more than doubled the capabilities of the 360 and we're not powerful enough??? the damn thing has been out for 7 years. SOMEONE should have figured out how it works by now!" these are the things I wanted to point out. but now I know and I don't feel as disappointed with my fellow, more talented pirates.

for those of you NOT in the know. HLE, AKA High Level Emulation. is a method in which you completely simulate the workings of whatever machine your trying to copy on your host box. it means that not only does your machine have to deal with the processing load of running the game, it also has to deal with the load of reproducing exactly how your 360 would react while running said game. it essentially doubles? the work load needed to make anything run properly. and THAT is why current machines aren't powerful enough to run an emulator for the xbox 360. HLE has become almost a required emulation method as consoles have gotten more and more complex and powerful. by comparisy LLE or Low Level Emulation would be prohibitively complicated and require more effort than anyone really thinks is worthwhile.

if anyone is still watching this thread. I would like to request that this information be added to the sticky post, so that less people get smacked in the face with "it don't work dumbass. get over it!"

testmachine

Old member
hardwiredd.You amuse me.He was not flaming anyone.He is right.
If anyone is dumb enough to believe there is a genuine Xbox360 emulator they DESERVE a virus.How in the Hell should you even think that this should be stickied.Well that's not going to happen anytime soon. :p

ScissorsForDays

Rin's Soulmate
I don't think someone should deserve a virus for believing that Xbox 360 emulation is true. They may know absolutely nothing about emulators and see that first. I'm glad that people put up notices everywhere and flame those who put up scams, so that the new people will be protected. Imagine if the first emulator you downloaded had a virus. I don't think I'd ever emulate anything again.

and you deserve a kick in the teeth you elitist jackoff. if anyone tried to do a little education on this site instead of flaming whenever you get this question then you wouldn't hear it as much. hell, I'm a moderately intelligent guy. I'm savvy enough to have hacked my own xbox and kept it up through several iterations of M$ assbaggery and I still had to look up what 'HLE' was. when I did figure it out on my own, it calmed my outrage a bit. I registered on this forum SPECIFICALLY to ask what the hell the problem was. "PC hardware has more than doubled the capabilities of the 360 and we're not powerful enough??? the damn thing has been out for 7 years. SOMEONE should have figured out how it works by now!" these are the things I wanted to point out. but now I know and I don't feel as disappointed with my fellow, more talented pirates.

for those of you NOT in the know. HLE, AKA High Level Emulation. is a method in which you completely simulate the workings of whatever machine your trying to copy on your host box. it means that not only does your machine have to deal with the processing load of running the game, it also has to deal with the load of reproducing exactly how your 360 would react while running said game. it essentially doubles? the work load needed to make anything run properly. and THAT is why current machines aren't powerful enough to run an emulator for the xbox 360. HLE has become almost a required emulation method as consoles have gotten more and more complex and powerful. by comparisy LLE or Low Level Emulation would be prohibitively complicated and require more effort than anyone really thinks is worthwhile.

if anyone is still watching this thread. I would like to request that this information be added to the sticky post, so that less people get smacked in the face with "it don't work dumbass. get over it!"
u are insulting an moderator?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Lol, this has definitely been the most amusing thread that has come up in a really long time! Haha, you guys are a riot! :)

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
While I don't think part of hardwiredd's response was very subtle, he does have a point.

Most people think that because their PC is better than a Xbox360 or PS3 and can run games at much higher resolution and graphic settings, that their PC should also be more than fast enough to emulate a Xbox 360 or PS3.

That emulation itself requires massive amounts of processing power is something most people have trouble understanding.

I've edited the sticky a bit to give my own views (and excerpt of hardwiredd's post).

testmachine

Old member
While I don't think part of hardwiredd's response was very subtle, he does have a point.

Most people think that because their PC is better than a Xbox360 or PS3 and can run games at much higher resolution and graphic settings, that their PC should also be more than fast enough to emulate a Xbox 360 or PS3.

That emulation itself requires massive amounts of processing power is something most people have trouble understanding.

I've edited the sticky a bit to give my own views (and excerpt of hardwiredd's post).

Thank you for editing the sticky.

Kitsuni

It just amazes me how all of you Microsoft fanboy's think that the 360 is so powerfull, or even more laughable that it has a stronger set of components then a ps3. Computers right now blow the consoles away and it's truely pathetic to see how many people believe nothing can surpass their favorite console. I have a mid-range gaming computer I built myself and I can guarantee you that if someone had the skills and enough free time to do it right they could (not easily mind you) make a working emulator for 360, ps3, Wii, WiiU, whatever they could get their hands on. I.E I can play Skyrim(modded with much higher graphics than either console could handle) and still have other applications running along side it such as music, firefox or even another game. So maybe you fanboy's need to stop being such and learn what the hell you're talking about. Games on consoles run at about <30fps and 720p and yes use a background OS but they CPU's used in consoles are not that great compared to whats available (and sometimes cheap) today. I understand casual gamers, casual computer enthusiasts, ect don't know much (about hardware/software limitation) or can afford a newer computer that's somewhat decent, but that doesn't excuse the ignorance of people who do know and just refuse to believe anything is greater then pieces of hardware that very up in age. And if you think the graphics are great, fine, but because of their limitations, we, the PC gamers have been held back because companies develop for console the port to PC. Which in turn makes the games less then what they could have been by a great deal. /finishrant

CPU -
Intel i7-2700k (4cores-8threads)
MOBO - ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-z
GPU - ASUS GTX 570 Direct CUII (Nvidia Driver 306.97)
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16gb(2x8gb)
SSD - Kingston HyperX-3K SATA3.0(6gb/s) 240gb
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black SATA3.0(6gb/s) 1.5tb

Last edited:
It just amazes me how all of you Microsoft fanboy's think that the 360 is so powerfull, or even more laughable that it has a stronger set of components then a ps3. Computers right now blow the consoles away and it's truely pathetic to see how many people believe nothing can surpass their favorite console. I have a mid-range gaming computer I built myself and I can guarantee you that if someone had the skills and enough free time to do it right they could (not easily mind you) make a working emulator for 360, ps3, Wii, WiiU, whatever they could get their hands on. I.E I can play Skyrim(modded with much higher graphics than either console could handle) and still have other applications running along side it such as music, firefox or even another game. So maybe you fanboy's need to stop being such and learn what the hell you're talking about. Games on consoles run at about <30fps and 720p and yes use a background OS but they CPU's used in consoles are not that great compared to whats available (and sometimes cheap) today. I understand casual gamers, casual computer enthusiasts, ect don't know much (about hardware/software limitation) or can afford a newer computer that's somewhat decent, but that doesn't excuse the ignorance of people who do know and just refuse to believe anything is greater then pieces of hardware that very up in age. And if you think the graphics are great, fine, but because of their limitations, we, the PC gamers have been held back because companies develop for console the port to PC. Which in turn makes the games less then what they could have been by a great deal. /finishrant

CPU -
Intel i7-2700k (4cores-8threads)
It just amazes me how people thinks that we can emulate 360 :)

testmachine

Old member
CPU -[/color] Intel i7-2700k (4cores-8threads)

That's a pretty good computer you got there.Mine is a little bit weaker.
And yes,some people think consoles surpass computers with their hardware.
In fact the Xbox360 has a weaker processor than the intel core i3,and the PS3 processor is maybe stronger,because it's another technology.
The Xbox360 is actually a custom built computer.then massively produced by microsoft.So that should be a problem to emulate!