Wondering

Arjay

I currently use epsxe to play my isos and haven't had any problems in the past. Now, however, some games don't work at all. I'm not sure if they're incomplete or what. Some show as CDs with a folder [bin] those work fine. Others are CDs with idk..and they're CUE image. I've downloaded ISObuster but don't really understand how to use it. I have no PS disks at all, just been getting ISOs. Games that have worked in the past won't anymore. Some that do are just a black screen. CCD files won't work either. I've tried PSXeven and I get the same response. My pc was reformatted and I'm missing the SM bus, does that make a difference at all?
Any and all help appreciated.:confused:

Hmmm, 14 views and no one knows?? Even tried ECM and unECM. Nothing works.

Last edited:

Jale

The SM bus has nothing to do but it'll be good if you install them. I assume your motherboar has an Intel chipset, so get the chipset drivers from Intel's website.

As for your emulator problems, did you get a newer version of ePSXe? I know the latest one is 1.7.0, but I find 1.5.2 more stable, specially for Square games such as Final Fantasy.

Try downloading them here.

Arjay

Yea, I've got the newest epsxe. So far, 8 of the 10 games I've downloaded do run. FFIX is one that doesn't.

Jale

Then I suggest you to get version 1.5.2. I almost beat the game with that one (I'm in the last disc already but haven't played it again because of other stuff I had to do). I tried 1.6.0 when it was the latest one but refused to start.

Arjay

A lot of the games still work on epsxe 172, the older one [152] doesn't seem to run any of the games altho I've only checked 3. I tried the 2nd recent version, unzipped it and overwrote the files but 172 is the only epsxe exe that shows up. I wish I could remember everything before my pc crapped out. Trial and error I suppose. I get this error message when I try to run CCD files with 1.7.2.

Error loading isofile [folder location blah blah\Suikoden II [NTSC-U][SLUS-00958].ISO

I figured out why 1.6.0 wasn't working, got the linux version. Got the right one but I get a black screen when I try to open the CCD. It appears as a cd with two blue paper looking things. The ones that run look like a cd with an orange folder, those are bin files.

Last edited: