Emulator Problem: WiiU/3DS emulation, is it any closer/close at all?

Panteroxid

Hi, I've been wondering if there are any ongoing projects for WiiU or 3DS emulators. I have seen and tried fantastic DS emulators, and I haven't tried Dolphin but it seems to work brilliantly as well.

So here's the topic. Do you think WiiU or 3DS will have emulators soon? Or if there are going to be any emulators at all? I would like to see games like Mario Kart 8, which already look great, with that boost that can be given to them with some PC hardware. I hope thse consoles can be emulated and we can have those emulators, unlike ps360.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
few very assembly lines have been understood but that would not make any sense to the average person. Even if we had a full blown emulator it would be impossible to play as no computer can emulate that chip-set level yet.

3ds - Very possible and some emulators are starting to emulate instructions, nothing playable or even visible yet that I know of.
wii-U - Not possible with today's systems anyways. Remember its not the CPU that you need to emulate its all the other hardware that slows it down.

Dolphin is about the best you will get for this day in time. You're looking at 10 yeas for the wii-U. Or so that has been about the going time to emulate rate. The Wii was basically a gamecube with a wii mote over hall so it just fit with Dolphin but the Wii-U is complete re-designed So dolphin will not pick that one up.

Last edited: