why is mame32 hard to find?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Will someone please explain to me why mame32 is hidden or at best why its hard to find? I always thought mame and mame32 will practically siblings. I only use mame32 to configure mame.ini easier. I dont need it other then to set the fancy stuff (i.e as in a front end).

However, Every time I download a new mame, I have to search and search for mame32. That is if a changes are made. I currently need to find 127 version as it would seem they made changes to the options ( hence the 10 errors I get when running mame).

So is this a project that is hidden, or is there a site for it? Can we talk about that here? Or is there another app that will configure the switches in a nice gui form.

thx for any advice.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
never mind...
MameUI [formerly Mame32] is the GUI version of the M.ultiple A.rcade M.achine E.mulator, a program which seeks to document the
internal hardware and code of all arcade games. Originally authored in 1997 by Chris Kirmse, it was the first port of Mame™ to the Windows
platform. MameUI is currently maintained by team members: Kirmse, Mike Haaland, René Single, and John L. Hardy IV.