Which laptop would be better for emulation: Lenovo T550 i5-5200u (HD 5500) or MacBook Pro i7-3635QM (HD 4000). Both run windows 10 if thats a factor.

pix07

Better will be macbook.

Of course becuse its have better cpu.

And what you mean by hd graphic if you mean integrated it will take you to nowhere.

I mean to 3d emulation for 2d will be good.

mrwasi

Better will be macbook.

Of course becuse its have better cpu.

And what you mean by hd graphic if you mean integrated it will take you to nowhere.

I mean to 3d emulation for 2d will be good.
Yes. I'm hoping to emulate up to PCSX2 and Dolphin. I'm never too sure if those would benefit from a better CPU or GPU. On one hand the MacBook has the better CPU, but the Lenovo has the better integrated graphics.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Both emulators requires a work horse.

the CPU clock rate is going to be the most important pieces. The integrated graphics. is going to be an issue, they are never a wise choice, and the laptop top the other issue. Remember your laws of physics. In short the large of the two are going to work better. I think the Mac has better specs but guessing its smaller? Though as pix said the 3635QM can nearly hit 4g where the other closer to 3g. If you can keep the 3635QM cool, its going to do a better job and PCSX2 emulation is not going to work well on anything under 3g.

mrwasi

Both emulators requires a work horse.

the CPU clock rate is going to be the most important pieces. The integrated graphics. is going to be an issue, they are never a wise choice, and the laptop top the other issue. Remember your laws of physics. In short the large of the two are going to work better. I think the Mac has better specs but guessing its smaller? Though as pix said the 3635QM can nearly hit 4g where the other closer to 3g. If you can keep the 3635QM cool, its going to do a better job and PCSX2 emulation is not going to work well on anything under 3g.
Thank you!!

This is just a side project. I have my main PC (5800x/2060 Super) That runs everything up to PS3/Xbox360/switch perfectly and my other laptop which is an M1 Max that runs everything I throw at it. I just want something that I can carry around with me that I don't have to worry about. If it can run some games from PCSX2, that's fine. I'm just hoping it can run Dolphin because GC had a ton of fun multiplayer games.