What's your suggestion?

Corsair15

I recently found a link with some Nintendo DS roms and I need an emulator for them. Google guided me right to the emulator-zone http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nds/. But, I'm not very sure if any of them is reliable enough, since I had some big problems recently with emulators, because msconfig, viruses and others. The problem is, that I'm not sure that it would be safe to download them, because of the low rating (it can also be because some silly kids were giving them low rating) : 7.1; 6.7; 6.0... What is your suggestion? Should I download any of them, or it would be safer to go and find a site with other NDS emulators?

montpics

The truth is those emulators given were able to play commercial demos only. So, don't try ever think it can play the real NDS games. Other web pages which offers NDS emulators mostly are similar to what we had right now. So, don't bother try to find harder for it.

So, try it if you want to see the progress of the emulators by playing the demos, not real roms. :cool:

Corsair15

Well, that's not good to hear, since those roms aren't demos, but thanks for the info anyway.

montpics

If any emulators really able to play NDS roms, I'm sure Nintendo and other companies will not very pleased to hear and ready to sue whoever did that.

My thoughts are same with any members, let it be WIP till there will be another new handhelds for Nintendo replacing Nintendo DS. 2-4 years? :rolleyes:

Corsair15

And what about N64 emulators? (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/n64/)
I see, that Project64 has a fine rating and it has got a huge amount of votes. I think I'll trust it and download it to play a few N64 roms I recently found. But, to be more sure, I'd like to hear something about it before I download it. Well, I think it is fine since it says only good things about it: "One of the best Nintendo 64 emulators available." I guess I won't choose Google to search for N64 emulators again. It took me 1 hour and still no other emulators...

Jale

I've been using Project64 all the time, it's the best emulator ever, but to make it fully functional, you need a very fast computer with at least 64 MB of video. Another alternative if you have a slow computer (for example, Celeron 800 MHz and on-board video) is 1964 (2nd place) because it has frame skipping and make the games playable.

Trust Project64, and if it's Project64 1.6, better :)

Corsair15

Ok, I'll trust and try out Project64. I have 64 MB video. Although I have a slow computer with 300 Mhz, I still hope it'll work even this way...