What type of Controller do you use to play games?

Spellsong

Gray Mage
After coming off the loss of a certain controller, I now use a Xbox S controller for emulation. It works very well, and it feels much better than my old one. I got the USB converter off ebay, but I have no idea why it said plug it and play while I had to download this driver from the link. They did say no drivers required (Bull!!!). http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html

So I am interested to see what everyone else uses.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

I have ps2/gamecube/xbox in one adapter and it did come with CD driver but I do not need it because I am able to play it just fine with any emulators without a cd driver. Why is it include anyway ? That's weird. o_O

Jale

Genius Maxfire G-12U Vibration Gamepad.

MJ010GEN001.jpg

It has the same layout as a PlayStation controller and it has 3 gaming modes. A big thumbs-down about this controller is its very sensitive analog sticks.

Alucard_The_Dex

Angery Mame User
Alot of Controllers are hardcore lacking with Thumbsticks. Xbox Gamecube and playstation 1&2 all have the same problems. The sticks have just a fraction of a milimeter of slack between where it is still and moving and it just makes focusing on somthing imposible.

spotanjo3

Genius Maxfire G-12U Vibration Gamepad.

MJ010GEN001.jpg

It has the same layout as a PlayStation controller and it has 3 gaming modes. A big thumbs-down about this controller is its very sensitive analog sticks.

Yike!

It looks a little bit bigger. I rather use real Ps2/Gamecube for my favorite adapter and it works perfectly on any emulators! Thanks to the wal-mart Zach mentioned so I ran over there with my bestfriend and to my surprised it was 2 more left and we bought it for 10 dollars brand new. :D

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Official PS2 controllers with a USB adapter. Work ok with everything and in terms of Mame you can adjust the analogue sticks sensitivity to your preference.

They're a good standard controller to use because they have enough button inputs to cover most systems. The basic layout is based on the Snes controller so ideal for snes emulation and the dual analogue sticks are great for games like Karate Champ, Robotron and Smash TV.

Overall a very versatile, comfortable and well made controller. Never had to install any drivers and they have worked with every single emulator I've tried them with.

Well worth getting an N64 controller and adaptoid for N64 emulation though. Although the PS2 pads are perfectly useable, many N64 games that used all the functions (like Zelda and Goldeneye) really benefit from using the proper controller.

Alucard_The_Dex

Angery Mame User
I need an adapter for Xbox Gamecube and Ps2 controllers Most Definatly. I think a Xbox Controller might help me in mame alot.

Jale

I've never had problems playing Zelda games with a PS2-like controller. Just assign the C-Buttons to the right analog stick.

Alucard_The_Dex

Angery Mame User
nah I apply the n64 Dpad to the left analog stick the joystick tot he right stick and the c buttons to the Dpad.

Spellsong

Gray Mage
I've never had problems playing Zelda games with a PS2-like controller. Just assign the C-Buttons to the right analog stick.

Ugh! This is the reason why I am using a controller like the Xbox one. Just because of N64 emulators. I like the layout better than a real N64 controller.