what street fighter is this

ChouZangetsu

Wow...... It really worked.... All I really did was re-enable the Linux sound support, lol. Vista is a mystery.

Go into your mugen.cfg again, find this section and make it look like this:

Change the width of the video win to 640 and the height to 480. And / or you can also press alt + enter to get full screen. :happy:

And down there where it says Directx mode, change DXmode to DXmode = Hardware.

And you can set your video filters by doubleres (from 0 to 4).

Stretch should = 1.

;-------------------------------------------------------
[Video Win]
;Enter the width and height of the resolution you want to set here.
;The optimal resolution is 320x240, but if your video card has problems
;You may want to try 640x480.
Width = 640
Height = 480

;This is the color depth at which to run MUGEN. You should set it to
;16 bit color unless your video card has problems with it.
;16-fastest, 24,32-slower, 8-slowest/worst
Depth = 16

;Set this parameter to 0 to disable screen stretching, and set it to 1 if
;you want to scale it up to fit the current resolution.
Stretch = 1

;Set this parameter to use a resolution-doubling filter. You will
;need a fast machine to use these filters. You will need to increase
;the screen resolution to at least 640x480 for these modes.
;0 - off
;1 - diagonal edge detection
;2 - bilinear filtering
;3 - horizontal scanlines
DoubleRes = 4

;DirectX mode
;Choose from Hardware, Software, Windowed, Overlay, Safe and None
;Hardware and Software run in full-screen. Windowed and Overlay
;run in a window. The windowed modes require you to set Depth to
;whatever color depth you are using for you desktop. The best results
;are when you run in 16-bit color. There is no advantage to running
;in 32-bit color. If Hardware, Software and Windowed fail, try Safe.
;None uses GDI to draw, so it's very slow. Use None only if
;you cannot get anything else to work.
;Overlay is not supported by all video cards, but can be faster than
;Windowed if it works.
DXmode = Hardware

Don't forget to get the last update (for Mugen 100%) and please rate it.

By the way, does your sound skip at all when you are using the in_mp3pro sound plugin?

Last edited:

setablazebyyou

no skipping of sound in the test config, but haven't tried the newest one yet. i will do that later on and let you know. i really appreciate all your help. (this is going to be the biggest thread on the site...i can't believe more people aren't into it:confused:). one thing i think i may work on one weekend is spreading out "boss" type chars, they are sooo damn snk syndrome. we need someone who knows how to edit ai or something to maybe water them down a bit during regular fights.

ChouZangetsu

no skipping of sound in the test config, but haven't tried the newest one yet. i will do that later on and let you know. i really appreciate all your help. (this is going to be the biggest thread on the site...i can't believe more people aren't into it:confused:). one thing i think i may work on one weekend is spreading out "boss" type chars, they are sooo damn snk syndrome. we need someone who knows how to edit ai or something to maybe water them down a bit during regular fights.

lol. Well, I've never really had that much trouble beating most of them. Some are a nusance I will admit (7th Heaven Ciel). There's always somebody on there who can take out the other guy.

Youtube tourney vids of the last release with the update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ZPPfjHI2U&feature=PlayList&p=90DF4CA959A1755C&index=0&playnext=1

Includes ten tourney vids and the entire character selection screen.

Last edited:

setablazebyyou

quick question about the updates, you just unzip the full 3 parts, then extract the updates in the main directory? or does the svc pack go somewere specific? thanks again

ChouZangetsu

quick question about the updates, you just unzip the full 3 parts, then extract the updates in the main directory?

Yeah, but when you extract the .rar with the updates, you will get another folder with the same name. Take the folders out of that and put them in your main directory and overwrite everything.

or does the svc pack go somewere specific? thanks again

It will go into the main directory.

Last edited:

setablazebyyou

when i unzip to the main directory it seems to make mugen not work, any specific list of order to unzip or something? sorry to be so retarded, but i cant get it to work with all updates:dry:

ChouZangetsu

when i unzip to the main directory it seems to make mugen not work, any specific list of order to unzip or something? sorry to be so retarded, but i cant get it to work with all updates:dry:

Nah, you did it right. If it won't work, then you probably need to get a fresh mugen.exe from somewhere.