Visual Boy Advance resets controller configuration on startup

gravie

every time I start up VBA, the configuration for the controls gets reset to the default and it doesn't recognize the controller. I have to re-configure the controller every time I want to play VBA. is there anyway to get it to stop doing that? its only the configuration for the controls that gets reset... no other settings change.

I had left the default for controller 1 to be the keyboard, and set 2 for my controller. however, only the keyboard works on VBA startup, the controller has to be re-configured. I tried making the controller 1 and all these other things, but it doesn't seem to keep no matter what. it always just only has the default keyboard keybindings.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
You might want to see if your emulation folder is Read-only. to check this, right click the emulators folder, and go to properties. if the box that says "read-only" is checked, un-check it and then apply settings. See if that works.

korroto

I had the same problem and I tried to uncheck the "read-only" box and I hit apply, but it just checked it again when I opened it up again.