vba sgm into vba links sgm

Sk-etch

that's ok, if you want to help me, please read before posting, and try to not misunderstand the problem.

This morning i downloaded vba link, because i wanted to try exchange some pokemon from "pokemon emerald version" to "pokemon fire red". Soon i encountered a problem trying to load old savefiles (or savestate) of the vba 1.8, so i went to serch the site for some info, and i found this:

"If you want to use VBA save files in VBALink, you must rename them - the save file extension for VBA #1 is .sa1
(e.g. Pokemon Emerald.sa1), for #2 .sa2 etc. (the same is true for savestates - #1 has .sg1 etc.) - another solution is to import them, that works too. - Enjoy!

"

I said: "whoa, is very easy! more than i expected!", infact i soon found it not working! (as i expected before).
So i said: "if it doesn't work in this way, i can try to force the operation!", so i opened the gba link, then the rom, and then i did: File > Load... > Pokemon Emerald1.sgm

the result? this:

ex.jpg

Could someone help me about this?
see ya.

Muedinamo

I had the same problem, you'll need VBA 1.73 (taht worked for me) if it doesn't work you'll probablly have to start a new game:(

Sk-etch

you mean i should try to save the files with vba 1.73? i have the 1.72, and it doesn't work, but maybe different... or where you talking about vba "link" 1.73?

thx 4 the help

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
VBA Links suck ass either way you look at it but if you really wanna try so hard ill tell you... Ok firs what you need to do is open up 2 VBA Link, Then Run the Games that your gonna be trading in in your case load Emerals in first window and fire red in the second window... chose new game in both windows now close them both.. VBA Link automatically will have created a save state if you mae it that far... Now click on the .sa1 that the VBA link created (Not your save) and copy the name (Highlight and press Ctrl+C on text only) then go to the Save that you were trying to play and click rename and Ctrl+V. now try running the .gba and it should now say continue. if you dont understand i will make screen shots for you.

Sk-etch

solved the problem using vba link 1.73.... the link worked between 2 emerald saves, but somehow it actually doesn't work between an emerald and a fire red....

Dude, thx for the interest, but if you had read before you'd see that this method you say is sort of the same the site said and, you can see it in the main post of this thread, i tried it! but didn't work... so it is a bit useless...

p.s.
Hell, yea, vba kinda sucks, but see: i got too many savefiles i didn't want to loose...

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
No you dont understand.... when i tried merely changing the file extention as you said you did it did not work for me either but if i had already created a save and copied the text name of that save then copied it into the sav im trying to use then it actually worked i dont know how it worked but it did.