Vanishing ISO's

Blockinlick

I downloaded Worms World Party. It took 2 hours to download (233 MB With Wireless Broadband). When it was done I extracted it to C:/Program Files/epsxe for easy access.

When I attempted to run it, the game was not there. I then tried to find the game in my Downloads so that I could try to put it in another folder and it was gone.

I searched for the word Party in my documents and the GBA and 64 worms games showed up, but not the PSX ISO.

I then downloaded another file to open my downloads list. It was there, but it wouldn't let me open the file.

What is going on?

Jale

As in most cases, did it come in a ZIP, RAR or a serie of multiple files? Also, it's a good idea to see what's inside before extracting.

Zach

Are you sure it didn't create another directory inside the epsxe directory.

If it was compressed inside a directory, and you do a straight extraction, it will recreate the entire path unless you specifically tell the program not to.

Instead of searching for the name of the game, search for the file extension. Assuming you downloaded an ISO inside a ZIP or RAR, just search for *.ISO and see if anything comes up inside your epsxe directory anywhere.

If you're saying you downloaded an actual ISO and then extracted the ISO files (WinRAR foolishly lets users open an ISO without warning them its a disc image) then you just dumped the entire contents of a CD into your epsxe directory and that's likely why you can't find it by name.

If the file is listed in your downloads list, but you can't open it, its because you probably chose to OPEN the file after you clicked the link, instead of saving to disk. If you're lucky it may still be in your Windows temp directory

Last edited:

Blockinlick

Okay here is the file that is in my download list.

| Worms World Party [NTSC-U] [SLUS-01448].7z |

Well first. I always save my files, I never just open them. I may have just opened it but I'm pretty positive I didn't.

It was definitely zipped because I had to use winzip on it. I then extracted it to C:/Program Files/epsxe
Before extraction, there was a word file and a Media file named Worms World Party.
I actually opened the Epsxe folder to check if it was there and it was. The next time I tried to find it, it was gone.

I searched for
*.Iso : Nothing
*Iso : Nothing
.Iso : NOthing
Iso : A bunch of files with Iso in their names but no WWP.

"
If it was compressed inside a directory, and you do a straight extraction, it will recreate the entire path unless you specifically tell the program not to."

I'm not sure I get what your saying.
Are you saying there are 2 of these ---> C:/Program Files/epsxe
If so... How do I access the one with WWP in it?

Last edited: