Valkyrie profile sound issues on voice overs

l33tspock

Valkyrie profile sound issues on voice overs ( solved )

I am currently trying to configue the Epsxe emulator to work with valkyrie profle. It seems to have no real problems now other than the voice overs. I am thinking this has something to do with how much data needs to be processed, also during some events the emulation speeds up.

I've tried several audio plugins and I get the same effect. some are better than others and some will not have any voice at all. most will cut the voice off near the end.

Any suggestions? or better yet, anyone actually tried emulating this amazing game? thanks in advance.

::EDIT::

(solved problem, I used a sound emulator that had an option that allowed it to accept some extra data from the game. not sure how this works though, but it fixed the problem.

used the audio plug in : spupeopsdsound108.zip)

Last edited:

l33tspock

hmm

actually im starting to understand the problem a little bit better. under most cards the sound seems to be running under a different process, and usualy speeds way up from the normal game speed. the rest of the game actually seems to play at a normal rate of speed.

anyone else have simmilar problems or any idea's?

hagbard

This game needs the SPU IRQ hack option enabled if it's possible in the plugin to get the correct voices