TurboGrafx-16 games

Paul

Is Adventure Island for TurboGrafx-16 the same as Dragon's Curse which is also for TurboGrafx-16? The reason I ask is because yesterday I played Adventure Island for TurboGrafx-16 but on that game you're a knight fighting dragons instead of Master Higgins and when you defeat a dragon you turn into a different character. I believe Dragon's Curse is like that too. But I'd like your opinion on that so that way I know if that's true. So please let me know if they're both the same. Thanks.

Ryudo Leonheart

Maybe I'm A Lion
As far as I can tell they are only related as they are part of the same series by Hudson Soft called the Wonderboy series.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The only one I'm aware of that did this was Turbo Magical Hat Adventure (yes really) which was renamed and completely reskinned for the Western market (called Decap Attack).

Edit: Just played Adventure Island and Dragons Curse and yes they appear to be localised versions of exactly the same game.

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
And to make things clear; Hudson Soft's games are not in the Wonder Boy series. Wonder Boy is Sega - Adventure Island is Hudson Soft!