Emulator Problem: Trouble with SNES roms

Rainy21

I used to emulate it on my phone with no problems , but when I do it on my laptop it does

I downloaded the "earthbound" rom in zip format , and extracted the file on 7zip ... then I get about 20 files all saying "Earth bound" in different ways .... I tried playing them on my emulator and some are Japanese , some have save files ... I got to an English one but it started glitching out after 20 minutes. it does this to all my games

id take pictures but it says my posts cant have links until im a normal user hah anybody know whats going on

malloc4096

verify your rom isn't corrupt with NSRT

unfortunately it looks like the offical site for it doen't exist anymore, but I'm sure you can find it somewhere form a diff link. however i wouldnt use it untill you verify its not a fake or infected.

I can give you the MD5 and SHA256 for the offical windows NSRT v3.3 exacutable
Code:
a22fa80c1dfad0c391dec91fbfbd940e *nsrt.exe
04fa177d98c843d08a5008adeb172e11b4496bb224b7b3a5671a9a75ee4a83c9 ?SHA256*nsrt.exe
the offical docs are still here
http://zsnes-docs.sourceforge.net/nsrt/#content

its a portable app, so it doesn't need installation
just open cmd prompt
Code:
cd /D "C:\path_to\nsrt.exe"
nsrt -info C:\path_to\rom\*
note - don't use "quotes" around the path even if theres spaces in the name, with wildcard* otherwise nsrt doesn't find it for
some reason. or you can specify the rom name, quotes may work then.

a few other usefull nsrt cmds
Code:
nsrt -deldup -rename -lowext -nospaces -deint -remhead -safetrim -savetype zip C:\path\*
nsrt -safetrim "C:\path\rom_name.ext"
nsrt -fix "C:\path\rom_name.ext"
"rom_name.ext" or *

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
then I get about 20 files all saying "Earth bound" in different ways
7z is an archive that zips a lot of similar games down to the size of one and then some. All of those games are types of dumps you just need the one with ! in it. If you like English look for the [!u] version. Deleting the unwanted is ok.

it does this to all my games
No two bad rom images will fail the same way. You problem is not the rom file, its the emulator. Try another on that game.

Last edited: