this is annoying...

sonic8or

I've been f'ing around with this for days now :mad:... i can get GE to play smoothly, so that's not the issue. The temple level looks this way:

I have tried all of these f'ing plugins:

None of them can get the wall texture correct. I have spent countless hours f'ing with the settings and all they do is make the situation worse. Anyone else run into this issue? Google produces no results. Is there a setting combination i could try that you think might work? :confused:

BTW: I4ve tried different ROMS with the same results. Cruddy texture. Now Glide64 1.0 does produce the proper texture on the walls, but flickers so much I may throw up. The gameplay speed is still not an issue, just the video.

specs:
dell 4600
256 ram
2.4 ghz
NVIDIA geforce4 mx 440 w/ AGP 8x
directx 9
-all the direct functions are running with no errors showing

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
wow...if you're running XP you shouldn't have less than 512 MB of ram.
Dito, this is a key point to XP that many dont know. If XP sees 512 a lot of advantages are in play. For one it loads the compete shell in to memory. Most techy type people will flat out tell you not to run XP with out 512. I will second that especially with an emulator.

Jale

I agree what the guys said. 256MB is very little memory for XP to run, and your video card is not DirectX 8 capable, which is required by the plugin or plugins you are using.

Try using Jabo's Direct3D6 if you see any improvement.

Last edited: