The Tales of series, games and release

Chrnodevil

Yeah, well, i still think that way of doing things suck, i mean, sure there is a lot of people who don't like RPGs, but what about those who do like RPGs? Can't those Japanese guys open a web shop so those who do like RPGs like the Tales of series and don't live in Japan can buy the game for their console system (PAL)? I think that would be a great ide, well, not the fackt that you'll have to empty your wallet just to get the game delivered, but the fact that you'll be able to buy the games you want that you know won't show up in the shops where you live.

So far only Tales of Symphonia (GC) and Tales of Eternia (PSP) has come out in Europe(Norway), but i want more of the Tales of series:(

Last edited:

montpics

Yes, it may have been available on web. (Just look for it; eBay perhaps?)

Here's the list of Tales series if you keen to grab all Tales of series.

Sony PlayStation
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Phantasia
Tales of Eternia
Tales of Destiny II (English version of Tales of Eternia)

Sony PlayStation 2
Tales of Destiny 2
Tales of Rebirth
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Legendia
Tales of The Abyss

Sony PlayStation Portable
Tales of Eternia

Super Nintendo
Tales of Phantasia

Nintendo GameBoy
Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon

Nintendo GameBoy Advance
Tales of Phantasia
Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2
Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3
Tales of the World: Summoner's Lineage

Nintendo DS
Tales of The Tempest (In the works!)

Nintendo GameCube
Tales of Symphonia

Note : There's some games made for mobiles as well. Tales of Mobiles if I'm not mistaken.

Goodluck! :)

Edit :
Change the thread title for you. :cool:

Last edited:

Chrnodevil

Well, there you go, the list of a great game series that only two of the games came to my country. Well, at least i haven't seen any of'em around. Ebay may be an option but i dubt i'll be able to find the PAL version of the games there. The only thing i can do is to thank God for emus and hope that the western may consider giving RPGs a chance.

Thanks for changing the title

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Tales of Phantasia (SNES) is also only available in Japan, but it is translated by DeJap. The translation is excellent, so it's worth checking out :)

Chrnodevil

Tales of Phantasia (SNES) Is a good game, I have that for my ZSNES emu and i enjoyed the game til the end. Wasen't Tales of Phantasia the first Tales of game or are there any other that came out before?

hagbard

Yes, SNES TOP is the first game released in the series.
The spin-offs named TOP: Narikiri Dungeon are often forgotten, the first on GBC and the rest on GBA. PSP's Tales of Eternia, the remake of the PSX TOE (Japanese) has been the first in the series to come across Europe. GBA's TOP remake has been the second (and removing the intro lyrics :eek: )

Last edited:

montpics

Oops, one game is forgotten to be listed. :p

Sony PlayStation
Tales of Fandom Vol. 1

Chrnodevil, could you please resize your banner under your signature? Thank you. :cool:

Chrnodevil

Sure ting, I'll just remove my banner, didn't really like it any way:p

When you say Tales of Fandom Vol. 1, are you saying that they are planing on making vol. 2? or is the game just named vol.1 for no spesial reason.

hagbard

I guess they supposed to make other volumes, but since it came out on 2002, I'm not sure if they'll release any newer version

Chrnodevil

I hope they do, You can't name a game vol.1 and make that final, thats just to lame. It's almost the same as making the lord of the ring movies and only give out the first two movies.

hagbard

It won't be the first time anyway, Primal Image vol. 1 also on PS2 for example