the psx emulator download.

dirtysniper66

well i think i did it all right.
it reads the game when i put it in my comp.
but it says i need a graphics plugin.
well i tryed downloading petes gpu and all the other ones but they just wont work.
right now im using delta.
i think the only thing i need to start playing is a gpu.
so does any one know how to down load it?
I'm sry if this is a repost.
im a 1st time user of all this stuff. thx in advance

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
If you look in the stickied section at the top of this board you will see a sticky dedicated to getting ePSXe up and running including links to the various plug-ins.

dirtysniper66

and actually ijust checked out that page that was linked to HERE.
and ive gotten to that page and all but it wont let me down load any of those.
any ideas y?

dirtysniper66

im at work right now. when i get home later tonight il post exactly what happens when i do it so u guys can get the jiff of it.
thx

spotanjo3

Xebra is much higher games compability than ePSXe and no plugins need. Only you need is bios and google it of course. You can try pSX which do not need plugins as well but Xebra is much higher than both of them. Whatever you like. ;)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Xebra is much higher games compability than ePSXe and no plugins need. Only you need is bios and google it of course. You can try pSX which do not need plugins as well but Xebra is much higher than both of them. Whatever you like. ;)

Never heard of this emulator. Could you elaborate on which features on it are better than ePSXe or PSX?. It might be worth looking at if it does something that the others don't.

I thought compatibility for ePSXe and PSX was pretty much total?, what games work in Xebra that don't work in the others?.

Cheers.

spotanjo3

Never heard of this emulator. Could you elaborate on which features on it are better than ePSXe or PSX?. It might be worth looking at if it does something that the others don't.

I thought compatibility for ePSXe and PSX was pretty much total?, what games work in Xebra that don't work in the others?.

Cheers.

Yeah because emulator-zone dont have xebra but it had been existence for few years. I always used xebra and it is better than pSX for my opinion. I test some games between xebra and psx and it run better than psx and such. ePSXe almost run better than pSX. It is difficult. Look at my signature for why I have preference ePSXe and Xebra over pSX. I did posted released link for Xebra (Xebra 07.08.09 released!) of 2 xebras so far in page 5 and so at http://forums.emulator-zone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34&order=desc

and no moderators or administor did bother to add xebra to http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/

So I stopped update that emulator. I update that at other forums because they provide that download to their lists and they are aware of it very well for over few years. I came here a year ago because I liked this forum and decided to share that with you guys and surprised nobody update it so far after 2 tried and I gave up. :) This emulator is very good and it is still active. The last update was Xebra 070828.zip Yeah, it was date August 28, 2007 which I didnt posted it here but I was surprised nobody bother to added it. :)

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Thanks. I was more interested in specifics though. I would be interested to know what the actual difference is between Xebra and PSX/ePSXe.

When you say 'it runs better', are there noticeable differences in any games and what are they?.

If there are fundamental improvements then its worth approaching the site admins about adding it. If it offers no real benefit over the others though, its addition would be a bit pointless.

Could you be more specific about the functional and/or compatibility benefits Xebra has over the other two?.

spotanjo3

For an example:

The Misadventure of Tron Bonne will not run on pSX and it runs fine on Xebra and ePSXe. I forgot other games because I had been test it long time ago. I said that Xebra is better than pSX and ePSXe is better than pSX and Xebra is better than ePSXe so I personally use both Xebra and ePSXe and I do not use pSX until it is improvement first because it is not the best emulator yet. I still keep my eyes on it however Xebra and ePSXe are my favorite emulators and I use Xebra "THE MOST" due that it is higher compabilities and more accurate to my opinion. :)

montpics

.....The last update was Xebra 070828.zip Yeah, it was date August 28, 2007 which I didnt posted it here but I was surprised nobody bother to added it. :)
I think you should know that Xebra071018 is out. :)