Tales of Destiny (JP) ePSXe black screen

Marcus Aseth

Hi guys,I'm having trouble with the japanese version of this game so I really need your help :(

The games run smooth until the transition of scene you can see in this video at 9:40 https://youtu.be/7PCJtdF-AAA?t=9m40s

9 times out of 10,the black screen you see in that transition just stays black on my emulator while the music keeps playing... one time out of 10 it actually manages to go trough it and load the next scene,but the same problem happens later at another one of this transition. Also it appears to happen at predetermined points in the game,like that transition at 9:40,so there must be something special about it,maybe the function or effect beign called is the one causing the problem,or something like that?

Anyway,do you guys have any idea of how to fix this? :(
(excluding running the non japanese version in case that's the problems solution,because I specifically need to play the JP version)

Also as a side note in case it's relevant,I've already played and finished the japanese version of breath of fire 3 & 4 without encountering any problems,so my emulator setup should be stable I think,should be something more specific to this game in particular I think :\

EDIT: solved by using the suggested settings in the psx datacenter :p :)

Last edited:

malloc4096

If you or anyone that knows, wouldn't mind elaborating on this "psx datacenter" ? I'm unfamiliar and would like to know about it.

On the search engine i use, I tried a variety of the combinations of those words including unabreviated "playstation". and theres other mentions, but the only direct link resembling the actuall info goes to a completely dead site for me. ?

Marcus Aseth

I would love to link it,but since I'm new the site is forbidding me to put urls,sorry :\

my last reply hasn't been posted,I'll edit this-->

EDIT: google for "ns348841 psx data"

Last edited:

malloc4096

thx for the info.

I think i came across the site your refering to, however it didn't work for me either. . but it exists. and i think its perhaps just my browser or firewall security settings blocking it. . . tho a proxy tells me it doesn't allow it either because it use's some sort of domain name framing, which could be affiliated with fishing attack's etc. .

but thx again anyway for the explination, FYI i do not need the datacenter, i was just curious what it was.