Surround sound for 64?

Lothie

Does anyone know of an n64 emulator and/or audio plugin that allows roms to be played with surround sound?

J

Jet Set Willy

No. Did any N64 games have surround sound capabilities? Did the N64 hardware support that at all?

You can probably get your sound card to split channels via equalizer settings for pseudo-surround sound. Check the software which came with your card, or its driver interface.

HybridShadow

Jet Set Willy said:
No. Did any N64 games have surround sound capabilities? Did the N64 hardware support that at all?.
yes some games did (Pokemon Stadium 2/Banjo Tooie), not 5.1 or anything, but they had Dolby Surround (the basic stereo with one rear mixed into l/r rear) even Jurassic Park the SNES game has surround - i dont know how to get surround plugins, but I can get "emulated" ;) surround since im hooked up to a Dolby Digital/DTS/ Prologic Decoder.
Ive got a basic AC97 OnBoard Sound card hooked up and it prologic II's away and gives me surround sound even in the SNES games
(nothing beats a birds eye view JP game and hearing the sound better than seeing the game itself) :p

Last edited:

Jale

I emulate an envolvent sound using the SRS WOW technology or enhancing 3D sound. Sounds great! ;)