Street fighter moves?

weable

I've been playing a lot of street fighter recently, and i've been wondering two things: how do you do ryu's dragon punch in Street Fighter 2 Turbo (and probably every other one, too) and how do you do special moves in Street Fighter Alpha 2? I know the dragon punch is :forward, down, forwarddown, punch, but it doesn't seem to work-if you go from forward to down, you either have to stop pressing the d pad for a split second (which doesn't seem to work) or move it in an arc, like a reverse quarter-circle-forward. I've done it occasionally by accident when trying to perform a hadouken, but i haven't been able to figure out how i did it.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Have you heard of gamefaqs.com?

Ok from memory, may not be the exact move combo but will work..

right, down, down / right, right + punch other wise knows as right , quarter circle , right + punch.

best described as: stop pressing keys first. then press right, roll your thumb straight to down with out letting go... , then swing to right in a circle motion (hitting the diagonal as you stated).. then when you get to the end of the quarter swing hit punch at the same time you get to the right button. I dont let go at all when I use my DP, never miss it.. All in one motion.. To do a flame (ken only) I do right , quarter circle , right (and again) right , quarter circle , right then punch as i get to right. I get that off about 70% of the time. Either way my opponent eats it.

Alpha 2 is the same just way easier. I just keep hitting the same combo as i described and all kinds of craziness goes on.

Last edited: