Still having trouble??

jetblacknismo

I really can not get this to work. Some help would greatly be appreciated.

When i go to open ePSXe.exe i get a message that says that it cannot find the zlib1.dll

Is this the BIOS? Or something to do with the plugins? I have downloaded several different BIOS from all over the web and nothing seems to work.

Please help!

Thank you for your time... :)

jetblacknismo

Ok, so i played a couple of games. Closed the Emulator and came back to play again and now it says its not completely configured. And to go to Config>Video to configure it. But there is nothing there to configure. WTF? How did it play fine and then all of sudden not.

Not sure what to do here :dry:

jetblacknismo

Thanks for the reply. I got it to work.

It seems to be a rather quirky emulator though. At least when compared with my Genesis and SNES ones.

One problem i am having is the sound. I want to disable it so i can listen to music while i play. But the game (Final Fantasy Tactics) will freeze at the loading title screen when the sound is off. If i turn the sound back on it works fine.

What could be the issue??

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Try turning off the sound after you're past the loading screen

jetblacknismo

Try turning off the sound after you're past the loading screen

Thanks for the reply! Sorry for sounding dumb here, but how?

With my other Emulators i can do all sorts of things while the game is running. With this one, there isn't anything to click on other than to minimize or close it. If i hit ESC the whole thing shrinks down back to the original size window when the program starts. At that point i can see the 'FILE' 'CONFIG' and the other associated buttons at the top of the window, but they are not clickable at that point. Weird...

How do i turn off the sound after the loading screen?

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Try using ALT+TAB to minimise the game. You might be able to access the settings window, but I'm not sure. If not, you will just have to play the game with sound.

jetblacknismo

Try using ALT+TAB to minimise the game. You might be able to access the settings window, but I'm not sure. If not, you will just have to play the game with sound.

Nope. All that does is bring up any other window that i may have open at the time. I like this emulator cause i can play some old favorites but such a quirky one compared to the others out there. However, what i was able to do is open up my PC's sound mixer and turn off the ePSXe sound. So its all good now. Geez, wish i would have thought of that sooner.;)

Thanks again for the help! BTW, the stuff in your sig are pretty much what i grew up on. Was even listening to Rust in Piece on the way to work this morning. I'll always be a metalhead

\m/

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Well, it's good to see you've solved your problem :)

And as you've probably guessed, Rust In Piece is my favourite album :D