Sound Problem

superbat15

While playing my games in MAME 32 the sound is messed up. It sounds kind of slow and sometimes repeats it's self. Any advice? Thanks

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You need to set the game refresh rate just below the refresh rate of your display. So for example if your display is refreshing @60hz then set the games refresh @59hz, or if you can improve the monitors refresh set it at anything above the games refresh rate.

Also turn off any synch options like vsynch, triple buffer etc.

You can find the refresh rate and synch options by selecting 'options', 'default game options', 'screen'.

Its a known issue.

superbat15

i selected 'options', 'default game options', 'screen' and the only option in screen was //./DISPLAY1. And i don't see nothing about the refresh rate. Sorry for being difficult but i just recently starting using MAME and i'm kind of clueless on somethings.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
mame32optionsrg9.jpg

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
What version number of mame32 are you using?. It should display along the top bar of the window it opens in.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Mame has been massively updated since then. You really ought to think about updating your mame and rom versions to a newer build.

Anyway, just downloaded 0.103 and the resolution and refresh options are under the 'advanced' tab.

As a matter of interest what game/s are you having trouble with?, because a version as old as 0.103 will still use the old sound samples for a lot of games.

Last edited:

superbat15

The game you can really tell Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles but pretty much everyone Karate Champ, Gauntlet 2, and Mario Bros.If you wouldn't mind would you tell what the lastest verison is and where i could find it.