Emulator Problem: Some NES games have BLACK background! Help!

Tosco

I've been using jnes and it's great. however on some games i'll be going through the level and all of a sudden the screen is black and i can't see a thing, save for my character and perhaps an enemy or too. Other times the background flutters in and out.

I assumed it had something to do with my settings, perhaps there was too much going on on screen for the emulator to handle...however i put everything on a lower video frame and it still happens! I'm pretty sure my graphics card is alright for it.

Is it the fault of the ROM I have, or is my computer somehow suddenly not capable of running the games? Or is it the emulators fault?
Has this happened to anyone else?

I haven't been able to finish a few games because I can't see where I'm going!

Any ideas/advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

gepadat

Perhaps you want to give some information about your computer, its specs and your settings?

That being said, I'd find it a bit hard to believe a modern PC couldn't handle something like that.
Since you said 'on some games' I assume you mean 'not others' as well and so I think it might be an emulator problem or something in which case you yourself
probably can't do anything about it.

But yeah, you haven't really given too much to go on for me. That being said, I'm not the smartest or the most savvy person on the subject by far.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well IU do agree with gepadat its not much to go one but I'd tend to agree sounds like an under power thing. For example if you dont have enough current on the 12volt rail, that will happen.

Do this.

1) get us your computer specs, as much as you know. If this computer has a model number that will suffice.
2) There are over 10 great nes emulators, try another.
3) make sure your video drivers are up to date.
4) download a new rom.