snes9x-x64

GOFORBROKE

Hello,

I am having an issue with Snes9X. The problem is with a 2nd player. He/she can't control time to time. If I press left..It doesn't respond..If I press right...It doesn't respond. I switched them to make Player 2 become Player 1 and it responds smooth. While Player 1 that is now Player 2 is no longer responding accurately. I even did a calibration.

I have a Windows 7 64-Bit.

Do I have to install a file? Change something to make 2nd player respond more accurate? I wanted to play my favorite game (Top Gear) but with 2nd player not responding. It's not a fun retro game at all. ):

testmachine

Old member
Fucking Spam bots.

so i recently saw a lot of problems (not here) with windows 7 64 bits operating systems.
well i can only reccomend you to try using zsnes.

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Windows 7 64-bit

The least game friendly OS

GOFORBROKE

Okay. I am going to try ZSnes. It's been a while since I have actually touched it. I expected the Snes9 64bit to be the one. Thanks :)

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Mainly for PC games though. Damn hard to get some games that are even a few years old to work on it.

GOFORBROKE

Zsnes is actually better. I which I can drag the screen from one to another (Flat screen TV). Also, when setting up the 2nd player. Sometimes it doesn't wanna map it. But, managed to map them and it works like a charm. Down fall is that sometimes..It freezes (the game doesn't move). I have to close the software and open it up. Good thing I can do a save state.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Have you tried using BSNES? I find it a lot better, plus it has achieved 100% emulation accuracy for all SNES games, its quite a break through. :)

Saucerful

Avid Fan
Zsnes is actually better. I which I can drag the screen from one to another (Flat screen TV). Also, when setting up the 2nd player. Sometimes it doesn't wanna map it. But, managed to map them and it works like a charm. Down fall is that sometimes..It freezes (the game doesn't move). I have to close the software and open it up. Good thing I can do a save state.

Zsnes may have been king in its day; I certainly used it exclusively. However, it's pretty antiquated now. Snes9x is far more accurate and the interface is way less clunky. And again, this is coming from someone who didn't use anything BUT Zsnes. bsnes is technically the most accurate, but I see that more as the SNES emulator of the future. When hardware starts to catch up with it, bsnes will be definitely be a force to be reckoned with. Until then, Snes9x is the way to go imo. That being said, it's ultimately the OP's choice to try something else, especially since the second input is wonky, but I just felt it necessary to challenge the assertion that "Zsnes is actually better".

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
The only reason I like BSNES right now is because I got the CPU power to play almost all the games without lag. Now, if I was playing on my low-end Pentium IV, then I would definitely choose Snes9x. :)