SNES Emulator problem!

wildgreen19

Hello..I'm not really sure if I'm posting this in the right spot, but we'll see I suppose! :) I recently downloaded an SNES Emulator with some games...but lately the games have been running really fast, abnormally fast....like they're on speed (only way to really describe it)..I've tried deleting and reinstalling, but it still happens..any ideas as to why and what I can do about it?

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
you have come to the right place(insert gay smiley face)
which SNES emulator are you using,
I recommend using zSNES or SNES9x

wildgreen19

I Downloaded the new verison and its still runnin fast and i also downloaded the other one and its doing the same thing...any other ideas would really help!

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
ok, now were getting somewhere
make sure you have downloaded the latest drivers for your computer, most importantly video, and post your computer specs also

wildgreen19

...without thinking I am a total blonde...what kind of specs do you want? I'm not exactly a computer whiz..but if you tell me exactly what kind of info you want, I'll find out!! As far as the video drivers go, what model should I have?

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
For computer specs, post the OS(windows XP, Windows 98, ect
Ram
video memory
Processor speed/type(pentium 4 @ 3.0 Ghz, pentium 3 @ 733 Mhz, ect.

For updating drivers, try to find a local person that know atleast somthing on that, so you can yell at them if they screw up

montpics

Try to check with other PC to find out whether the game will run fine or not. That's the simplest thing to do. :cool:

Phanos

I'm thinking it has something to do with the frame rate. Try this out.

1) Click on Options
2) Click on Display Settings
3) Make sure the box that says "Automatic Frame Skipping" is checked

That should normalize your frame rate. Chances are you accidently hit the key that increases the frame rate.