Snes emulator help please.

BrickWall

Yeah...I had something weird happen.
I'd been using an Snes emulator and everything was working fine, but a couple days ago and ever since, it stopped working, I can't get it to play games anymore. I tried dumping it and re-downloading it but that didn't fix it, then I tried downloading other emulators, but none of them worked either. Any ideas what my problem is? (I've tried each one listed on this site)

BrickWall

No, I didn't change anything at all other than the game controls for playing with keyboard, all I ever did was just play games.

montpics

BrickWall said:
Now to sound like a complete computer newb...
How do I 're-install my Osystem'?
Osystem? Weird name for me. :p

Simply said that is an Operating System (which is shortened with O.S.).
What he meant is throwing away your old OS (which the current Windows you are using) by formatting your hard drive in a quick way. After that you may install it. Or, you may reinstall it for the hard way.
Then install it with the OS installation CD.

Actually, I personally don't recommend it to you unless you know what are you doing.

As for problems you had mentioned, it could be some programs installed are conflict with the emulator which lead the emulator didn't be executed as usual. So, not only the softwares/drivers being installed, reqistering on Regedit also affect the functioning of the emulator. :cool:

BrickWall

:confused:
So, basically I have to either wipe out my computer(format) or just deal with the emulator not working?
Oy...I guess i'll stick with the ones I have that work for now...formatting would be too much trouble for me. (plus I don't think I have any of the discs for the computer anyway, I bought it used)
Thanks for the answers.

Genome

north west south west
...dont reboot your os. that is a bad idea. i would say go into your prgm files. find the folder labeled the emulator name ( a very common way the emulator loads up) then delete it. if it isnt there then try your search on your pc. deleting your os will work but you will be in for a lot of work you dont have to do (plus loose all your hard-disk info.)

BrickWall

Genome said:
...dont reboot your os. that is a bad idea. i would say go into your prgm files. find the folder labeled the emulator name ( a very common way the emulator loads up) then delete it. if it isnt there then try your search on your pc. deleting your os will work but you will be in for a lot of work you dont have to do (plus loose all your hard-disk info.)

Just tried that, didn't seem to work. The emulator still won't work for me. :(

RockY

L H D T P M
Sometimes when I have to re-install everything, I just move my stuff to a safe place, then delete the Windows Directory and re install it with all the software.

Genome

north west south west
oh i know. im not sure why it isnt working but if you take a new snes emulator and use it that might work. snes9x is a very good one (however mine has been giving me a popup saying please insert a disk and i have to click the continue button 15 times to make it work). if a diff emulator doesnt work then i wouldnt know what to say.

Jale

RockY said:
Sometimes when I have to re-install everything, I just move my stuff to a safe place, then delete the Windows Directory and re install it with all the software.
That's why I bouth another hard drive.

BrickWall

Genome said:
oh i know. im not sure why it isnt working but if you take a new snes emulator and use it that might work. snes9x is a very good one (however mine has been giving me a popup saying please insert a disk and i have to click the continue button 15 times to make it work). if a diff emulator doesnt work then i wouldnt know what to say.

I've tried all the Snes emus I think, and they all do the same thing...not work.

BrickWall

RockY said:

I'd gladly do that...if I knew how and if I had the program discs for this computer. Starting to wish I had kept my old computer for stuff like this.