Emulator Problem: Slow Speed on PCSX2 Emu

Chocho

No probs, but its just as bad your way as the forums will fill up with support threads from lots of people asking how to make this that or the other run when in most cases it won't work. All it does is waste people's time and frustrate users who are being told their hardware is ok, when in many cases and many configurations...its not and there is no workable solution for them.

According to the devs I've spoken to, for things like PCSX2 and some of the higher end games in Mame, for the moment at least a reasonable Core2Duo 'is' the only reliable solution, its got nothing to do with 'liking' Intel or AMD, I personally couldn't care less who makes the chips, all the companies are as pointlessly corporate as one another but I won't advise people to keep trying with hardware that's unlikely to give them the results they are looking for.

You know what's funny? retroguiden was just about to finish this argument because it goes nowhere, and then you suddenly replied this. And you tell me that you're not a fanboy? Haha...

1st.: Buying a whole new platform - which is not just complete different mut much more expensive too - is never ever a well suggestion. At this moment, BOTH sides has great CPU's for high end games, and yes, AMD is STILL cheaper.

2nd.: PS2 emulation is already not finished. I understand the devs because that's the platform they work, so it's a sure thing that they will threath it better than any other. But because of that, their opinion is not fully subjective, nor as your's.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
How many times does this need to be discussed on emulation forums all over the web?.

A PC's ability to play high end games or other apps designed for a PC has absolutely f**k all to do with their suitability for emulation. AMD chips are great for PC gaming, not so much though for high end emulation tasks which requires pure number crunching grunt not a feature set designed to run PC applications.

I rarely reply to most of the threads in the Sony and Nintendo boards for these reasons, they are full of threads from people who simply don't want to hear advice that runs contrary to their requirements.

By all means persevere with PCSX2, it is afterall your time and effort and no-one else's.

If trying to save users time and frustration by giving them sensible advice is seen as being a fanboy then I'll leave it to others and you can all whinge at each other ad infinitum.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
who simply don't want to hear advice that runs contrary to their requirements.

And I say that's a false statement.

By all means persevere with PCSX2, it is afterall your time and effort and no-one else's.

Part of my point this whole time. Good to see you got that at least.

If trying to save users time and frustration by giving them sensible advice is seen as being a fanboy then I'll leave it to others and you can all whinge at each other ad infinitum.

No, I don't see you as a fanboy. I just see you as one who can't really understand that you have a different view of what "are games working/playable" than most who come here asking for help. The truth is still that PS2 games can be made playable, even with an AMD rig. People deserve to hear this before they get the "sensible advice" to go out and get a C2D. You gotta trust people to make something out of all the information available, not just some of it.