Silent Hill 1 NTSC problem

Axem_Red

ok, SH1 plays alot better then i figured it would. plays almost perfect. but theres one problem. theres a white square around Harry Mason and white squares around trees and also around things like dead bodies. anyone know a good way to fix it? and the white squares seem to go away when its dark. just figured i would put that in

Axem_Red

Axem_Red

nevermind, fixed. i used uhh...i forgot, but i put it on the default "nice" settings and that got rid of the white blocks. the sound is almost perfect but it could be a lil better in some areas

Axem_Red

oh hey i have one more problem. the blood is whitish red instead of red like it should be. anyone know a good way to fix?

and in cinemas, the characters kinda talk in slow mo, but thats not a big deal. i just need to fix the blood color

montpics

Don't ever try to SPAM if no one reply to your post or I will personally delete you posts permanently. :glare:

Okay back to topic. It might be possible that it has something to do with your PC specs specially graphic card if you mentioned the cinematic sequence went very slow as it was.

So, try using the other GPU plugins instead. White blood color? I believe there is an option to triggered the color of the blood IN the game itself. In option menu try to press L2, R2, L1 or R1 (I forget which one) and it will shown an alternate option menu.

Axem_Red

yea, but the default color is red. i dont think there is a white blood color. and even if there is, the game always started with default blood color unless u change it and save it

the cinema scene with Harry talking to Cybil was the one that was goin a lil bit slow, but nothin real bad. the opening movie played real good

So, try using the other GPU plugins instead.

know anything that works? if i wanted to spend an hour trying every plug in and every option, i wouldnt have made a post here :p

montpics

Especially Pete's and P.E.Op.S GPU plugins you may want to try it out. ;)

White color, eh? Time to check mine.

Note : Butters, if you read this post. Please post it if you found that the blood is in red color for you PC. :)

Axem_Red

do u have the white blood color too?

and if u dont have the white blood, try what im using and see if u do. im using petes DX6 D3D driver 1.75 with the nice setting. peops cdr driver 1.4 for CD-rom plug in. try those and see if u get the white blood

Last edited:

montpics

Axem_Red said:
do u have the white blood color too?

and if u dont have the white blood, try what im using and see if u do. im using petes DX6 D3D driver 1.75 with the nice setting. peops cdr driver 1.4 for CD-rom plug in. try those and see if u get the white blood
Roger that! :)

montpics

Checked! :cool:

Actually it is a GPU plugin problem where Pete's DX6 D3D is pretty famous for missing screen/color on certain games. (Furthermore it is an old plugin)

And yes, it showed white color on blood as well as Protagonist's shadow under that plugin.

Try to use other Pete's plugin. ;)

Axem_Red

ok i dont know what protagonists shadow is but im guessing u mean the white block around Harry and the trees lol. to get rid of that, just use the nice setting. but that doesnt get rid of the white blood. can u give me a plugin and settings that will work?

petes OpenGL2 Driver 2.7 wont work for me. my video card aint all that great. its like 16MB or something. someone told me to use that before so i figured i would mention that

montpics

You can find it from here. (The simplest route)

>CLICK HERE!<

Note : It is better to use P.E.Op.S if your graphic card is very old one. ;) You can ask me if you want to find more plugins.