Sega Saturn Emu for Guardian Heroes

vodoochild81

I am having issues trying to get Guardian Heroes to work on ssf or yasaume. What is the best EMU on getting this to work on Windows 7? Why are all these emulators so confusing to get working.

Yasaume it just plain does not work but on Ssf I get to a menu asking what language I want to play in and I try to select english and exit but no keys will work. Frustrating.

If anyone knows any detailed tutorials please let me know. Thanks!

I am using windows 7 in bootcamp on a mac, so if it is easier to play it in a mac let me know. thanks.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Why are all these emulators so confusing to get working.
Well for one they are made by Japaneses. So the converting from languages does not help. Second Saturn emulation never really hit big and has always been very private. Most of all that I know of, are built for a IBM/clone types of system on an intel core. Your best bet is to have a pure intel windows based box to emulate saturn. I'm not suggesting what you have is not going to work, only that its not going to be easy ( looks like you are realizing that now ). In general emulators dont play well with Os emulators, virtual PC's, or bootcamps. Again, not that it wont work, its just makes things worse. I dont think there are any saturn emulators for a Mac, and certainly not any that work.

Last edited:

vodoochild81

Really? Then why do PC games work perfectly in bootcamp. The hardware is pure intel. Its not different then most PCs. I think the problem is the emulators are bad as I am seeing even when people can get it to work they have problems. Sucks. I hope they release Guardian Heroes on PSN. Or does the saturn EMU work well for the wii?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well first off a Mac is a PC. Is it not a Personal computer? If you have troubles with something, remove as meany things out of the equation as possible, its simple logic.

Yes Saturn emulators are very immature. Another way to put this free project that theses guys do on there own time would be to say, the emulators suck, I suppose.

As I said, Saturn emulation just never had a reason to develop. Its what we have for now. I share your disappointment but there is little that can be done. Sure BootCamp may not be the problem, but its an emulator never the less. So you using An emulator running an emulator... Emulators are not infallible .

btw, if you want to label the progress of an emulator, at least try it on the system it was developed on. Emulators make a lot of interrupt calls to the direct hardware. If the hardware is not identical there could be problems. There is more then just the intel Chip set working here... Overlooking this suggests a lack of understanding and this is fair from a users point of view. However its not fair to the authors unless you adhere to the requirements.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Guardian Heroes definitely works with SSF as I have played a lot of the way through.

This is also getting an official release on Xbox Live Arcade very soon.

I'm not aware of a mac compatible version of SSF so I think that's likely your problem if you're trying to run it in an emulated OS environment and it doesn't work then its because its not designed for that emulated OS environment or it requires windows, graphics or Direct X features that aren't fully supported by the system you're trying to run it on.

The only advice I can give you is to run it on an actual PC running actual Windows as that's what its been programmed for and that's what it works with.

Last edited: