Seeking Direction

cement_skis

Hello! Seeing as Im not really comfortable enough to download the Homebrew Channel, I think I am going to go the way of the solderless mod chip. I have absolutely no interest in running backups on my Wii, but I generally only wish to be able to play my NES, SNES and Genesis roms. Can anyone lead me to a guide or FAQ that has any details on this?

The only thing that I THINK I know is that you need emulators that run on the Gamecube, as the wii doesn't have the proper emulators.......but I dont know. Any guidance would really be awesome, thanks!

alexxi

back from hell
If you're only going for emulation then the HBC is the easiest way to get those running, if your wii has an old firmware use the twilight hack or bannerbomb for firmware +4.0. what?.

...emulators that run on the Gamecube, as the wii doesn't have..
The Wii has more.

cement_skis

If you're only going for emulation then the HBC is the easiest way to get those running, if your wii has an old firmware use the twilight hack or bannerbomb for firmware +4.0. what?.

The Wii has more.

Well, I have the new 4.2U firmware and I really don't feel confident enough to do the hack without blocking my Wii......