saitek gamepad

GanZ

Hello all thanx for being around for me to play Castlevania IV again. The only problem I'm having atm is my gamepad doesn't work on the zsnes emulator. I checked settings and gamepad/joystick box is checked but doesn't work. I also tried different variations but nothing. Help would be much appreciated as I struggle with the keyboard.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
When you click to set a button in controller settings and push a button on the gamepad, does it show it on there or does it do nothing and keep asking you to press a button to set? If so, it might be your gamepad drivers, make sure they are installed and showing in the Gaming Options - located in the Control Panel of Windows. See if it's says it's working correctly. If not, go into Controller Ids and also see if it's set as ID #1. Try this, still doesn't work, let me know. :)

Edit: If you can set your gamepad buttons, don't click "Set" or "Set Keys" buttons, resets your options to a keyboard. :p

Last edited:

GanZ

Thanx Desert Drifter, I have found the controller settings and I can set the buttons and movement but in game they are messed up. castlevania 4 it doesn't work and on castlevania x it does but more than one action per button. maybe i need to play around with them? any recommended configs?

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Strange... have both games myself, and no problem... Maybe game buttons are configed wrong in actual game settings (Castlevania)? Never had that problem, but then again, I have seen it all. :p Let me know and see if I can help ya. ;)

GanZ

Have sorted it out now. The problem was the turbo buttons. didn't realise they were active and it messed up my controls. cheers.