Emulator Problem: Rom Keeps Crashing Anyone Have a solution?

Twilightnero

Hey guys This is about Final Fantasy 7 just after Disc 2 i cant save :S it keeps crashing does anyone knows the problem? Im hopeless i tryed everything i knew... but it wasnt enough :( It Gives me this error.

ERROR: Reserved opcode being called 0x10211120 !!!! @0xbf
-- emu released due to error --

savestate: states\SCUS941.64.002 exists
savestate: states\SCUS941.64.003 exists

Hope somone can help me with this really would love to finish this wonderfull game.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
A good rule is to only use in-game saves. Save states are known to cause crashes every now and then.

But exactly where after disc 2 does it crash? Have you begun playing on disc 3? Is it when you're trying to save?
If you are using save states, try to use in-game save. or if you're using in-game saves, try to use save states until you get past this part.

If that doesn't work we could use some more info from you like computer specs, emulator name and version, plugins, what you have tried so far etc.

Twilightnero

Disc2 At the ice plain i only used in game saves and did not get an online save i started from the beginning from Disc1.

Using the emulator : PSXeven

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Well the error its reporting is for a savestate, not a memory card save.

Are you actually using the in-game save option at an in-game save point from the in-game menu's, or are you using the ePSXe save function?....the error would indicate the latter.

Twilightnero

Well the error its reporting is for a savestate, not a memory card save.

Are you actually using the in-game save option at an in-game save point from the in-game menu's, or are you using the ePSXe save function?....the error would indicate the latter.

Now that you mention. Yes. But Because my game keeped crashing at this zone so i saved like every minute so i dont need redo the whole process. Should i just get my earlyer in game save game and try again?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
As Retroguiden said, use the in-game save options at in-game save points. Savestates are a PITA.

Twilightnero

Omfg. You guys rock! it worked :D Thank you!^^

Now im fighting the boss Jenova DEATH And after i kicked his ass its crashing :S But not like before the whole progam just closes :S any ideas on this one?

Last edited: