Retroarch 'fire' button issue solution?

NilophirHaltos

I have configured Retroarch with the PUAE Amiga core and a 'retropad' overlay. However, I am encountering an issue where touching 'up' on the directional pad simultaneously triggers a 'fire' button tap. This occurs in the trainer menu of the game 'Gods' and the main menu of 'Alien Breed.' Even when I select an option without pressing 'fire,' the game still registers a 'fire' press, causing unintended selections.

What could be causing this problem, and is there a solution to resolve it?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Sounds to me like an adapter/controller issue, can you see if this happens outside of RA? Either watch it in the joystick tester (joy.cpl) or test on another emulator?

AndyTussel

Uh oh, sounds like button ghosting on your RetroArch overlay! Check your overlay settings for touch sensitivity or dead zones. Adjusting these might eliminate accidental triggers. Review PUAE core options for "joystick port emulation" (e.g., Amiga joystick vs. CD32 pad). Switching might resolve conflicts.
If the problem persists across overlays and koow cores, consider a spin faulty controller or touch screen.
Bonus tip: If you're using keyboard echat controls, confirm no key bindings overlap "up" and "fire" in RetroArch settings.

Last edited: