Res. Evil 3 Woes (Save Request)

Sadseh

Hey folks,

I've recently started playing Resident Evil 3 on my ePSXe emulator only to find that the game won't let me get past the part where I first meet the licker-like creatures (in that narrow T-corridor with a merc's corpse and an inoperational red lift at one end). That is, I go to the only exit avaiable to me, and I see the door being opened, but afterwards the screen just stays black. The game doesn't freeze and the FPS still fluctuates, but the game won't progress to the next scene. I've tried using different CDRom and Video plug-ins, playing from my saves without picking anything up (I remember that helped me with FF 9 a while back), and using other emulators (which either didn't load or refused to go past the "Explicit Gore" screen at the very start)--nothing helped.

The game works fine, however, and I can go to and fro that scene in the Mercenary minigame. All this leads me to believe that I may get past the problem by simply starting from a save game that is immediately beyond that point.

Now, I checked at gamefaqs, and they only have one save for the UK/EU version that I have, which is useless to me since it gives Jill all this fancy stuff but begins from the very start. There is one save on there that I may have been able to use, as it says it saved at numerous points throughout the game, but it's for NTSC and so of no use to me.

So, could someone out there kindly give me a save of the game on hard mode for the PAL version, at the nearest point after the one I described above (that is, the first save of the Downtown section, before you meet up with Carlos).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Sadseh said:
The game works fine, however, and I can go to and fro that scene in the Mercenary minigame. All this leads me to believe that I may get past the problem by simply starting from a save game that is immediately beyond that point.

You realize you might have a bad disc or bad cd image.
If you're lucky maybe someone has a save (but I doubt)...if not,you have to get another copy.

montpics

Why don't you make a CD image by using either Alcohol 120% or ISOProducer and run it with ISO (mounted with Daemon-Tools) without the need of CD-ROM. :)