question

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
ePSXe and PSX are the most widely used. PSX is the easiest to setup and use but ePSXe uses various plugins to provide enhanced graphics and sound.

Both are available from this site. You will need the PS1 bios files to run them. Your best bet to obtain the bios would be to use a search engine like google as the rules here prevent discussion of where to obtain IP that's subject to copyright.

Both emulators support playing games from ISO's or directly from the original disks.

Hope that helps.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I wasn't sure if he was asking if a PS1 emulator could run a snes emulator or if he was asking if PS1 emulators existed that run roms if the same way that snes and other emulators do.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
I wasn't sure if he was asking if a PS1 emulator could run a snes emulator or if he was asking if PS1 emulators existed that run roms if the same way that snes and other emulators do.

2 second one. still kinda no. you have parts, if downloaded and u need bios. i think that he was wondering if it also would be so easy

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
2 second one. still kinda no. you have parts, if downloaded and u need bios. i think that he was wondering if it also would be so easy

Why confuse the matter?, if he's asking if PS1 emulators exist in the same way that snes emulators exist then yes they do.

I've explained in the first reply that they require a bios, other than that, then they aren't any more complicated to use than a Snes or any other emu. You load your game image and play. While they can be more technical if you want to use ePSXe and its plugins, PSX requires virtually no setup at all.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
Why confuse the matter?, if he's asking if PS1 emulators exist in the same way that snes emulators exist then yes they do.

I've explained in the first reply that they require a bios, other than that, then they aren't any more complicated to use than a Snes or any other emu. You load your game image and play. While they can be more technical if you want to use ePSXe and its plugins, PSX requires virtually no setup at all.

i disagree. look at his post, hes saying is there a way to run it the SAME as snes emu's. it isnt the same if you need a bios. and also as he is here on the forum asking it, he proberly already had searched for an psx emu on emulator zone.com but he was wondering if there was a psx emu were you only donwload emu and rom{or you have the image on disk} and play it, well no.:happy:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I think we're reading his question differently then.

I was working on the assumption that he wanted to know if there were emulators for PS1 like there are emulators for Snes and other systems. He didn't mention bios, Cd's or any other problems, just wanting to know if the emulator exists which it does. I think we are confusing the question and making up problems that don't exist.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
I think we're reading his question differently then.
yeah we do, i think he says this like he googled, ps1 emu: and he saw that he needed bios iso's and not roms, wich confused him, so here he posted if there are any ps1 emus wich runs like snes emu's just with roms....

Last edited: