PSXeven + PS2 controller, is it possible?

caffeine

Hi, This is my first post, but I'll try to be through on the first try:

I'm running PSXeven v.0.19 (I've not been able to get ePSXe to work for me)

I recently purchased a PS/USB adapter, I don't know the name (see-thru blue two port "V" shaped, the cord attaches to the TOP of the V)

I also have a sony brand PS2 controller Dual vibrate.

I have Direct X 9 (I think) If I try to install any other Direct Xs I get the message "an equal or newer version is installed, there is no reason to continue installation."

When I configure both the adaptor and the controller they work just fine in testing.

in fact the controller operates as the mouse on my desktop without any problems.

I've configured it all in the "configure-controller" menu of PSXeven as well.

However when I load an ISO there is no controller response in the actual game. buttons or directions. Any clues? I'm desperate here!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Martin18

I am using psxeven and I just got a ps2 controller with a usb connector and I got a few plugins that work with psxeven but I have one problem. the joystick on the controller works with movement but the gamepad won't work, anyone know how I fix this or maybe a different plugin. I am using segus joystick plugin right now.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Both questions here depend on what type of adapter you have.

if you did not have to install any driver you have a HID, and it should work just fine.

Martin18, Make sure the red led is on, the analog mode must be selected for directionals to work with most adapters.