PSX Plugins: Where to find them and put them (MAME 32 Plus! Plus!)

I have the files:
d3d-ogl12.zip (which has within it renderer.znc)... I was told (well, not actually it wasn't me who was told to be precise but whatever...) that ''the'' renderer.znc file must be renamed. However, there two different sized render.znc files. Should I rename both of them?

gpupeopssoft.dll.
spueternal.dll.

Not sure if there are more plugins I need or if these are the right ones. I am trying to improve performance for PS games.

I'm wondering how to use these. There are options for using the plugins along with SPU and GPU configuration. Clicking on the configure options after selecting the plugin returns the message: Unable to load (insert name of plugin here).

This leads me to assume I am not placing them in the right place.

I have tried placing the folders both zipped and unzipped in the ROM and Plugin (created by me) folders to no avail (of course, I had the zipped and unzipped files in both the ROM and Plugin folders all at the same time so if that causes any problems...).

Also, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to change the plugins for a game in ''properties'' or in ''properties for zn.c''.

So...

Where I must place the plugins?
Must they be zipped or unzipped?
Must I adjust them in ''properties'' or ''properties for zn.c''?
Must I configure them or just select them?
Should I rename both of the renderer plugin files? If not, which one should I rename?

Certainly, so far I have seen no performance improvement (which would be obvious because the FPS is terrible right now) so it seems I have not done whatever I am supposed to do

I already have the ROM and BIOS and the game seems functional.