Emulator Problem: PSX 1.13 BIOS Load Screen Choppy

Knives412

Alright I use to run psx 1.13 fine until my hard drive crashed and now I got a new one and starting fresh. All other hardware is the same and now when I try to run it the first load screen with the psx logo is extremely choppy so much it eventually makes my comp crash if I can't get psx 1.13 to close quick enough. I saw on one forum someone mentioned it had to do with my video card 3D setting but I have the latest drivers for my video card and I tried setting it on optimal preformance still no difference. Anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. - I tried downloading the BIOS SCPH1001.bin from a few different places so I don't think that its the file.

Last edited:

Knives412

Ok I think I discovered my video card is the problem, I tried other programs and video games with higher video demand and my computer crashes with all of them (it even crashes when I try to do video stress test). I don't get why my video card is failing though it should definetly handle these things because it use to with my old hard drive. I guess I gotta just play with this and figure it out on my own.