PS3 Video Out Master Reset

babay1

I have just come across a co-workers son-in-laws ps3 phat that he said just stopped working...i finally had a look at it and this is what i found:

everything seemed to power up just fine and run like it should with 1 exception, i was getting no video output on my TV from the unit...not even a flicker

after examining the back of the ps3 it appeared maybe he was swapping cables from the normal a/v outputs to possibly the hdmi's or he could have possibly gotten a newer hdtv that had a different/higher resolution then his previous, so:

what Sony failed to him before offering a 150$ fee to repair his error was this:
when you swap out your cables to hdmi's or vice versa or upgraded your TV to a newer resolution and/or all the above, the ps3 needs to be reset for this output...it's very simple and here is the how to:

A) setup your ps3 on the desired TV with the desired cables you wish to use
B) plug in your ps3 and leave it in the sleep mode...red led on only, do not power on fully just yet
C) press and hold on the ps3 power button on the console, not on the remote control, and proceed to hold it till it powers itself on and then it will beep and then cycle itself back off into sleep mode, release the power button once in sleep mode

-you have now just performed the master reset for video output...now power on the ps3 to verify this on your new TV/swapped video cable setup

-_____________

PS3 Jailbreak
PS3 Move
playstation 3 dualshock controller