Project 64 Graphics trouble..

Goodguy3

I used to Love mischief makers, and was devestated when I lost it. so I was ecstatic when I downloaded it for the Project 64 Emulator. But unfortuntely, there seems to be some serious trouble with graphics..

example one-In the Festival level, during the "mathfun" event, it's impossible to win because teh simple math problem that you are supposed to be solving is blocked from sight by a white box..

example two-ok, this one actually makes the level impossile to finish. world 4-1, rolling rock. your supposed to keep from being smashed by a gigantic rock, whi;e alsp raceing it before it can crush the warp gate out of the level. unfortunately, for some reason, the rock is not displayed. you can still get killed by it,m but you can't see it.

How do I fix this? I'm going crazy here, please help!

Jale

The math part is impossible to beat, so make sure you win the other events to clear that level. To see the rock in World 4-1, use the Jabo's Direct3D6 version instead of Jabo's Direct3D8. Also, in the level where you ride a bee (I forgot the World's number), you'll need the Direct3D6 plugin version as well.

So my advice is: Play this game with Jabo's Direct3D6 or try a third-party plugin like Rice's.

Goodguy3

Ok, I got that rice plugin, it works now :)

Still sucks that I cant win the math one anymore :(, but at least you dont have to win them all :)

Goodguy3

Ok, Im going crazy again >.<....I can't play Bomberman 64 at all, because everything that I need to see is BLACK. Its running because I can hear it, but I cantplay if I cant see!

I've tried about 10 video plugins and none of them helped >.>...

Last edited:

Jale

Bomberman 64 has severe video issues that cannot be solved with the current plugins. Known issues for this game are:

• Missing blur effects.
  • Bad intro (the black screen).
  • Incorrectly displayed gold cards.
  • Glitchy screens.
  • Missing green glow on selected level.
  • No background darkening when selecting a game type.
  • No rectangle behind a file selection.
By the way, this is another game that freezes, just like Banjo-Tooie, that means this game is somewhat playable.

Goodguy3

well, that fricken sucks >.<..

seems I wasnt using the Rice plugin for Mischief makers..when I try to use the Rice plugin i GET AN ERROR message

"This application has failed to start because bmglib.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

so I click OK...and..

"Failed to load F:\p64k\plugin\ricevideo.Dll"

I get those two error messages about three times and then it goes back to the ROM select menu...