Problem with Visualboy

tigerize

I'm having a problem with the VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0-beta3 emulater. I can load roms and they go through the intro just fine but as soon as I press any key the emulater crashes. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
when you say key do you mean button? If so What type of joystick and drivers to you use? Do they come with any joy2key features?

spotanjo3

when you say key do you mean button? If so What type of joystick and drivers to you use? Do they come with any joy2key features?

No, that's not what he meant.

tigerize, I can help. Go to visualboyadvance's:

Click Options>Joypad>Configure>1 then change the key to your favorite key's buttons and click ok and it shouldn't crashed. :)

tigerize

I couldn't find the .ini so I downloaded the 1.7 version... same problem.

I think my laptop has gremlins... :confused:

spotanjo3

I couldn't find the .ini so I downloaded the 1.7 version... same problem.

I think my laptop has gremlins... :confused:

Don't worry. I do not think you will notice it. It is really .ini but maybe it didn't say "ini" in it. Here:

53308601tl0.png

You see "vba" under it is Configuration Settings ? Okay, delete it and double click visualboyadvance then go to options then follow the instruction above. :)

Last edited:

tigerize

Ok... tried that. I deleted it but when I opened visualboy it popped up again... I deleted that one and did the options thing. I loaded a game pressed a key and that file popped up again and vb crashed. Again... :(

I don't think it was meant to be...

spotanjo3

Yeah, that's the way it is.. It will popped up again, that's all. Still crashed ? Wait... is your monitor's color quality sets to 16bit, 32bit, or 64bit ?

Try higher... 32bit or 64bit and try again. If not.... You need to contact Visualboyadvance author. Go to his site and email him, ok ? Sorry that I cannot help you with that.