Problem with Valkyrie Profile...

gamer201

Hello there. I've been having trouble with Valkyrie Profile, as the thread title implies, and a buddy of mine referred me to this forum. The problem is thus: I've been running the ISO using PSXeven, and it's worked fine for the most part. I've had a little snag here and there with the game freezing when I'd win a battle, but a quick Load State would usually resolve it no problem. I'd just have to fight the battle again, which isn't a problem for me, since I save my state pretty much every time I turn a corner. But the problem I've been encountering thus far hasn't been that simple. When I complete disk 1, of course, I get a notification to change to disk 2. Okay, no problem. I hit Esc, Force Change Disk, select the Disk 2 ISO. Now, the problem is, when I do this, the game never continues. The PSXeven game screen reappears, and it's solid black. And it stays solid black. No sound, no response from input, nothing. Some fixes I've tried:

1. Get a different ISO and try again. Same result.

2. Get a new emulator (in this case I got ePSXe), load the game from memory card (that wasn't hard, all I had to do was rename the PSXeven memory card file and ePSXe could read it). This produced a different error... The game screen would be mostly black, with a slightly darker, horizontal black bar across the middle of the game screen. A popup appeared as soon as I pressed a key. All I remember about this popup was a bunch of numbers that looked a lot like hexadecimal, followed by the emulator closing out and my whole computer lagging horribly until I got fed up and restarted it.

3. Give up and try again the next day (that being today). For results, refer to 1 and 2.

I'd hate to get halfway through this game and not be able to finish. It's a great game. Does anyone know anything else I can try to do about this?

The plugins I've been using:

Graphics: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77
Sound: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50 (I have enabled the Special Game fixes under this plugin's Configure menu)
Controller: N-Rage Plugin 0.95

I'd like to post my machine's specs, but all I know off the top of my head is that I have 1024 MB of RAM, an 80 GB hard drive, and a Pentium 4 processor. I dunno where to find out the rest of the specs though... Thanks in advance.

spotanjo3

epsxe v170 is the best one for Valkyrie Profile and for Chrono Cross, if you got a rumble pad or if you don't have enable the visual vibration in Chrono Cross and you can compare if is a lot better in epsxe170 than in epsxe152.

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
I have the soundtrack to that game.

Amyurabis

I had the same problem with my "Lunar Silvar Star Star Complete" and "Lunar 2 Eternal Blue" Completes. What I did was I started my game using a backup disc I burned (my original was destroyed; thank goodness for the backup).

Anyway, I played the game with the disc instead of the ISO then when it asked to switch discs (no save point before switch), I physically switched disc 1 for disc 2 then told espxe to switch discs; cd.

I waited a bit...then...

It worked! Discs tend to run slower, so save as soon as you can soon after then switch back to using the ISO!

If you don't have the original discs, burn a copy with an adaquite program (one that can burn playstation formated CDs). If all you have is a BIN file with no CUE, create a cue file using notepad (lookup the format needed for that).

Hope this helps:)!

Last edited: