Problem with Super Smash Bros. Melee

cullenluong

I've been trying to play Super smash melee with the Dolphin Gamecube emulator. Every time I try to start the emulation the screen goes black, and after a few seconds the whole thing crashes. I've reinstalled super smash and dolphin a few times, but each time is the same thing. What is going on?

IpOoTeD

Type Killer
It is either:

Your computer sux (Most likely not)
Windows is 32-bit, not 64-bit (Most likely)

Windows released two versions of XP, 32 and 64 bit.

64-bit is better yet it is incompatable with all 32-bit apps and games, which is nearly ALL of them.

You will need a new Computer and/or new version of Windows :(

Tell me if you still hav problems. Although, you should play the game on the actual system instead, dolphin is not ready to take over your GC, yet.

Jale

Also make sure your drivers are up to date and that you have the latest DirectX version (9.0c for XP and 10/10.1 for Vista).

IpOoTeD

Type Killer
Yes, very true, the drivers should always be up-to-date. Yet it is most likely you have the wrong versions of Windows. Very little people own Windows 64-bit. I have a copy but I don't use it cause nearly all of my apps and games and even my antivirus is incompatable.

Play it on your gamecube, if you don't have it for gamecube, then you should not have downloaded it for Dolphin. That is ILLEGAL (@ Jale, I think I am taking all the words out of your mouth, answering all the questions before you, lol).

Good luck, ask me for anymore questions.