Game Problem: Pokemon Ruby Cave of Origin/Groudon

deathspitter

Hi all, I have been playing Pokemon Ruby for the past couple weeks and have put 27+ hours of gameplay into it. I have had minor issues along the way such as the mist/fog in some sections but have found ways to fix those issues. My current issue seems to be the worst one yet... I have reached the Cave of Origin and I have gotten all the way to where Groudon rests in the little lava pit and right when I get in front of him to start the battle it gives me the little caption where it says: "The red orb suddenly begins to glow!" or something along the lines of that. I then just sit there and stare at Groudon and my character cannot move and I can't bring up the start menu or anything. The lava seems to still bubble and move but my character is stuck and I cannot find any other people on google search who have had the same problem. Hopefully I am not alone in this and I also pray there is a solution to this where I do not have to restart with a different ROM or emulator... Please, if anyone has any information on this subject I would love it if I could be enlightened!!

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
That is very odd! I think Ive heard of that happening with a Gameshark code, but I have no idea how you would get out of it. Can your character face different directions?