[Pokemon] Emulation, Action Replay/Game Shark, and Pokesav for a perfect dex?

FinalCalibur

Hi there! I've been looking around for a bit, and I get a promissing feel from this site. I hope I'm right!

I've been having trouble with most of my hand held devices, and I've been wanting to play Pokemon again.

The thing is, all of my hand-helds but my 3DS and -1- DS are broken. I've tried and successfully emulated Pokemon Emerald, and got an idea, based on friends I used to hang out with:

What if I play a Perfect Game on my Computer, then use Pokesav to make a code that would reproduce that save file, and then used Action Replay to overwrite my actual game with said code?

Is that sort of thing possible?

Ultimately, I'm looking to be able to set up a full roster of Pokemon on Pokemon Battle Revolution, akin to how things were done in Stadium 1 and 2. That, and be able to complete the Pokedex each on Emerald, Platinum, and (Black or White) 1 and 2. If that means anything.

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
If you are indeed able to make a code that could replace your .sav file with Pokesav, its very possible. If you need a pokesav-like program for Emerald, look no farther than HERE It is in spanish, but just use Google Translator to figure it all out, or use Pokesav common sense. Did I answer your question? uless you have a rom cart for GBA, I don't know how you are going to be able to replace the .sav file on an actual Pokemon Emerald.

Last edited:

FinalCalibur

If you are indeed able to make a code that could replace your .sav file with Pokesav, its very possible. If you need a pokesav-like program for Emerald, look no farther than HERE It is in spanish, but just use Google Translator to figure it all out, or use Pokesav common sense. Did I answer your question? uless you have a rom cart for GBA, I don't know how you are going to be able to replace the .sav file on an actual Pokemon Emerald.

Hm.... I wonder if I'm asking the right question... the part that I underlined is the part that I'm the most unsure of. Maybe I should go to the people at the Pokesav section and ask them, now that I think about it. I'm not completely sure how compatable emulation and 'sav-ing is. The first few things I've looked at seem to be more individual, but I assumed, what with the ability to modify the character's name and id and stuff, along with aparently having all badges and 999 of every item, that the tech has to be close, if not already there... Is it possible to determine all the info one would need to pass on from an emulated file?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I'll say this, if you are playing from emulators, you will more than likely get the real RAW format, which is the native format of the original system for a save file. With Platinum, and the rest for the DS, you wouldn't need to replicate the file, you could just open the one that your emulator saves to. If you want, I can give you screen shots, all you have to do is ask. :) And with most emulators, you will be getting RAW formatted GBA games as well. :)

Last edited: