Emulator Problem: Pokemon Blue in Game Issues

Whit3boy

Hi EZ,

Not sure if this is a game issue or an emulator issue so i apologize if i used the wrong Prefix. Also, i am new to Emulators so i apologize for being a n00b.
So a buddy of mine sent me a link to my android phone the other day for a Gameboy color emulator along with a link to Pokemon blue. so i downloaded and began to play. Everything was working great! i got up to 6 badges and about 50 Pokemon. i notice that i had the option for "Cheats" so i googled it and found a bunch of different cheats i could use. i only used the ones where i could catch different Pokemon out in the wild. still everything was working fine. eventually i made it to cinnabar island where i did the duplication glitch like i have always had and still working great! after awhile i decided to continue my journey and went to the PC in the PokeCenter and tried to deposit some items to make some room but when i got to the bottom of the list it said "Poketrainers with the amount of the 120 glitch" twice. so i just tried to deposit a TM like normal but the game froze. i have tried closing the emulator, resetting the game, everything but nothing is working. Then i tried to fly to a different island to attempt the deposit once again but the game told me "No! i need addition badges to fly" so i tried to surf and it told me No! again! so I'm pretty much stuck on cinnabar island and according to the game statistics i only have 2 badges now! I would absolutely hate to have to restart after getting so far. Any ideas?

testmachine

Old member
It could be that you used too much Gameshark (cheat) codes.That usually causes any game to crash.The maximum number of codes without crashing the game is 3-4 codes per game.
But to be safe turn off all cheat codes and try again!

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
It sounds like your save file might be messed up as well, and I don't think there is anyway to roll back changes like that.

Whit3boy

Thanks for the replies guys! I went ahead and started over unfortunately. but this time i will be more careful with how many times i use a cheat and will only use them when desperately needed such as getting a Gangar lol