PLz Help!

Serani

I am New, Plz Help!

Hey everyone, I am pretty new to the whole emulator thing and I was wondering if someone would be willing to help me out with it. I want to install PS1 first, eventually I would like to get NES and Super NES and possibly N64 as well. Anyways I just need to know what I do to get started, ie: roms, emulator, bios, etc. Thanks for any feedback. Peace. :ninja:

Jale

For PS1 you will need:

- Emulator: ePSXe 1.5.2 shoul do because 1.6.0 is still buggy.
- The BIOS file.
- Plugins set.
- Games (CD-ROM or ISO).

For NES you will need:

- Emulator: FCEUltra is the best one.
- Some Roms.

For SNES you will need:

- Emulator: ZSNES 1.40 is the best out there...
- Some Roms.

For N64 you will need:

- Emulator: Project64 and Service Pack.
- A fast computer (fast processor and video)
- Some Roms.
- Plugins included.

Last edited:

Jale

You cannot do such thing unless you work for Sony :p. The idea is to obtain the BIOS somewhere.

:( I'm sorry but due to the rules I cannot tell you where to find BIOS files because it's illegal. The same applies to Roms. The only way you can get the bios is through Google. That's why I didn't post a link to BIOS files.

Last edited:

Jale

Ha, if you use the correct search terms in Google, I'm 100% sure you will find it ;)

Serani

Ahh, I think I've got it now, Ty for all the help. And by the way its not illegal if you own a ps1 and I do. Hehe.

Serani

I was wondering, can PS1 be ran without a regular controller and adapter, like just raw keyboard?

Serani

Heh sorry for the flood of questions, but I got the emulator working (thanks to you :happy: ) and now i have one more issue i cant seem to get over. I just installed FF7 as an ISO and ran it, but for some reason it plays the game at really high speeds, like all the sound bytes are quickened and all actions and events are extremely fast. Any help is great, thanks again.

Jale

OK. First off, use de Edit button to avoid multiple posts. To reduce speed, go to the video plugin configuration and check fps limit (I can't remember if it's called that way).

Serani

Ok, ty, for the help, i was also wondering, i got the fps fixed and i now understand how to use the damn thing, my next problem is when i play FF7 everything is good, runs well, sounds nice, etc, but when i get an encounter with cloud from the two guards at the very begining it freezes everytime, advice?

Serani

I got my cd rom to work with it, its the same that i made the ISO with, but botch freeze at the exact same spot.

Last edited:

Jale

An ISO can run directly in ePSXe without virtual drives. About that freezing problem, does the emulator freezes or the entire computer? :unsure:

Serani

Hey all, i have a quick ? i have my ePSXe working fine now, except for one detail. The only game for it i have is FF7, i have played it on the Cd-ROM and on ISO, but when i get to the first battle with the gaurds the game freezes and only the game, not my comp. Any help is great! :innocent:

Jale

Seems like you don't know how to use a forum :biglaugh: hahaha, this is your 3rd thread related to the same... OK, don't worry... You will get the hang of it later...

As I said before, there is no need to start another topic like this because it's redundant to the last 2 threads you started before :)

Last edited:

montpics

Serani said:
Hey all, i have a quick ? i have my ePSXe working fine now, except for one detail. The only game for it i have is FF7, i have played it on the Cd-ROM and on ISO, but when i get to the first battle with the gaurds the game freezes and only the game, not my comp. Any help is great! :innocent:
First off, what plugins that you are currently using?
Secondly, is the CD scratched?
Thirdly, use PSXeven as an alternative emulator once ePSXe is don't work on your PC.

P.S : Try not to post too much in seconds. Feels like you trying to spam. Use edit. :cool: